Boot problem! Any help appreciated

Cass1977

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w202
Hi

I have a small problem! A while ago some scum tried to break into my w202s book with a screwdriver. They failed but made the boot unopenable with the key. No problem I thought as I have a plip. However. Today, my battery has gone so flat it wont open off the centeral locking! Totally DEAD!! So I cant get into the boot to change the battery. Something of a problem!

Can anyone suggest any of the following :

1. A way into the boot causing minimal damage?
2. A way to jump the battery from under the bonet?
3. A way to make all the central locking open?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Chris

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
Like in other thread lately;
connect jump battery to the jump start points under hood; or fuse fox etc. + cable. Grounds are available everywhere ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Half way along the off side front wing there is a plastic cover, under there is a jumping charging point, just join a battery charger up to this connection and your remote will open the boot

OP
C

Cass1977

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w202
Im not seeing that on mine? You mean the off side of a UK model? What does it look like?

Could I not just connect the charger to the alternator? looks like it would be easy enough?

Cheers
Chris

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Like below.
Put Positive+ to 2 or 3 and Negitive - to a good unpainted earth, then operate the remote fob.

What year is the car?

Dec
JumpLeads.jpg

Last edited:
OP
C

Cass1977

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w202
Got it! Mine is a 96 but its on the near side on the UK model.

Thanks for your help! Saved me a right pain in the backside ;)

Chris

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom