Bought a MERCEDES-BENZ HFP BLUETOOTH CRADLE B67880000 today

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Oh well having lost out to 9 auctions, And rather bored with it. I paid slightly over the odds to end an auction early. £180 for an apparently mint
MERCEDES-BENZ HFP BLUETOOTH CRADLE B67880000. Bought new in June 2015 from a Merc dealer. So I am hoping its firmware will be fairly up to date.

I couldnt justify £300 for a new one. And in light of the demand, I do hope it will still have some value in the future. Others I lost out to went for £225, £199, £186, £235, £201 and one for £162 :( all plus postage. And I saw a bunch of the earlier versioned ones go for £161 to £187.

I do have the UHI interface in the armrest, and the car has the pre installation universal mobile code 386 option. So I hope it will work. :-/.
Sadly my car was 2 month too young to get full bluetooth. Mine has bluetooth, of a fashion, i.e. It pairs sucessfully on the Cammand, sees the mobile, passes the code, and once imput on the phone th Command says paired sucessfully and then shows the phone with a padlock; but the phone says "mobile phone not supported" and ignores it. The dealer said I need either the MB4 or the HPF puck.
.... time will tell eh :) if it works.

There seemed to be 2 earlier versions, so I hope with this one, being the latest PBAB version my contacts will get into the Command system?

I really would love to know if this will ideally use the car's antenna or the iPhone 6S plus's hopeless antenna, And if it will work with the iPhone7 in the future etc.

I am also hoping, being generic bluetooth it will work with all phones, and not need specific firmware updates for each individual phone?

There seemed to be another version by Viseeo called an MB4+ , but I read quite a few people had issues like an echo etc.

Oh well I will post back when it arrives and let others know if it does work.

Last edited:

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Oh well having lost out to 9 auctions, And rather bored with it. I paid slightly over the odds to end an auction early. £180 for an apparently mint
MERCEDES-BENZ HFP BLUETOOTH CRADLE B67880000. Bought new in June 2015 from a Merc dealer. So I am hoping its firmware will be fairly up to date.

I couldnt justify £300 for a new one. And in light of the demand, I do hope it will still have some value in the future. Others I lost out to went for £225, £199, £186, £235, £201 and one for £162 :( all plus postage. And I saw a bunch of the earlier versioned ones go for £161 to £187.

I do have the UHI interface in the armrest, and the car has the pre installation universal mobile code 386 option. So I hope it will work. :-/.
Sadly my car was 2 month too young to get full bluetooth. Mine has bluetooth, of a fashion, i.e. It pairs sucessfully on the Cammand, sees the mobile, passes the code, and once imput on the phone th Command says paired sucessfully and then shows the phone with a padlock; but the phone says "mobile phone not supported" and ignores it. The dealer said I need either the MB4 or the HPF puck.
.... time will tell eh :) if it works.

There seemed to be 2 earlier versions, so I hope with this one, being the latest PBAB version my contacts will get into the Command system?

I really would love to know if this will ideally use the car's antenna or the iPhone 6S plus's hopeless antenna, And if it will work with the iPhone7 in the future etc.

I am also hoping, being generic bluetooth it will work with all phones, and not need specific firmware updates for each individual phone?

There seemed to be another version by Viseeo called an MB4+ , but I read quite a few people had issues like an echo etc.

Oh well I will post back when it arrives and let others know if it does work.

The HFP you have is the latest version. It should work fine with your iphone 6/7.

It will not use the cars antenna, only the SAP bluetooth cradle does this and that doesnt work with iphones.

Its the HFP that suffers echo issues in pre 2005 model year cars. So if yours is newer than that then all will be fine.

The viseeo MB4+ is a more versatile cradle as it works with more phones but it doesnt use the cars antenna and is currently out of production.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
The HFP you have is the latest version. It should work fine with your iphone 6/7.

It will not use the cars antenna, only the SAP bluetooth cradle does this and that doesnt work with iphones.

Its the HFP that suffers echo issues in pre 2005 model year cars. So if yours is newer than that then all will be fine.

The viseeo MB4+ is a more versatile cradle as it works with more phones but it doesnt use the cars antenna and is currently out of production.

Thanks so much, sounds encouraging, sounds like my best option.
my car is June 2009, apparently just before they gave the CL500 full bluetooth.

A real shame it doesnt use the cars antenna, as iPhone 6S reception is not exactly its strongest feauture.

Last edited:

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Thanks so much, sounds encouraging, sounds like my best option.
my car is June 2009, apparently just before they gave the CL500 full bluetooth.

A real shame it doesnt use the cars antenna, as iPhone 6S reception is not exactly its strongest feauture.

If your car has the solar IR glass option then you are going to be a bit stuffed as that blocks mobile signals.:sad:

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
If your car has the solar IR glass option then you are going to be a bit stuffed as that blocks mobile signals.:sad:

Thanks I had heard that rumour.
I tried to check on the data card and the official vin decoder from Mercedes but
As I dont know what that code is , I could only look for a description close to that.

Fortunately I couldnt find anything that sounded like it but there were a few options with very generic descriptions like "809 technical modifications" so no idea what that means.

Worst case scenario, raise the sunroof at the back and tape the phone to the glass sunroof, and only make calls in the dry! :) :) lol

Being serious, wtf were Mercedes thinking .... anyone who would add so many options as to tick the IR sunscreen option, is seriously into toys, and therefore would surely want a phone in the car well before that option. :(
Or could they have bought a Nokia like a 6330i and a specific crade I guess .... and never upgraded their phone :(

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Where did you buy it...Ebay?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

Is there any solution for helping signals get to and from an iPhone?

I've stuck with the Blackberry in my car, in a cradle I got from you years ago - it just works! But having a Blackberry Bold is becoming ridiculous now!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Is there any solution for helping signals get to and from an iPhone?

I've stuck with the Blackberry in my car, in a cradle I got from you years ago - it just works! But having a Blackberry Bold is becoming ridiculous now!

Maybe try here?
https://www.mobilerepeater.co.uk/

Just be aware they aren't legal....

Last edited:

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Thanks I had heard that rumour.
I tried to check on the data card and the official vin decoder from Mercedes but
As I dont know what that code is , I could only look for a description close to that.

Fortunately I couldnt find anything that sounded like it but there were a few options with very generic descriptions like "809 technical modifications" so no idea what that means.

Worst case scenario, raise the sunroof at the back and tape the phone to the glass sunroof, and only make calls in the dry! :) :) lol

Being serious, wtf were Mercedes thinking .... anyone who would add so many options as to tick the IR sunscreen option, is seriously into toys, and therefore would surely want a phone in the car well before that option. :(
Or could they have bought a Nokia like a 6330i and a specific crade I guess .... and never upgraded their phone :(

809 is model year 2009.
800 is model year 2000/2010/2020
810 is Premium sound (Bose/HK)

email me you VIN and I will look in VeDoc what your car has; sales@comand.co.uk

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
option 595 HEAT INSULATING+IR REFLECTG.SAFETY GLASS SIDE+REAR £900 option

If your car is of the early type BT then it was designed circa 2006 when no one had or used Bluetooth in their phone handsets. Merc provided a built in phone system that uses an external antenna and works very well.

My Viseeo MB3 works better with my IR glass in a Merc than the 335d with ordinary glass and BMWs built in Bluetooth. That did drop calls stop me ringing out this one never has (same phone in both cars. a proper one with buttons, not a sheet of awful glass with a smeary mess all over it....)

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
you can easily see if you have IR glass, from outside the windscreen has the pink tinge you get on some Renaults and by the interior mirror (to left or right)should be a section (60mm wide) without the IR tint for toll devices,

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
you can easily see if you have IR glass, from outside the windscreen has the pink tinge you get on some Renaults and by the interior mirror (to left or right)should be a section (60mm wide) without the IR tint for toll devices,

Thanks
Well it does have maybe the slightest purle hue, but no 60 mm section near the mirror

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
option 595 HEAT INSULATING+IR REFLECTG.SAFETY GLASS SIDE+REAR £900 option

If your car is of the early type BT then it was designed circa 2006 when no one had or used Bluetooth in their phone handsets. Merc provided a built in phone system that uses an external antenna and works very well.

My Viseeo MB3 works better with my IR glass in a Merc than the 335d with ordinary glass and BMWs built in Bluetooth. That did drop calls stop me ringing out this one never has (same phone in both cars. a proper one with buttons, not a sheet of awful glass with a smeary mess all over it....)

Phew definitely not got code 595 :):)
Thanks

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
HFP wont pair with iPhone 6S

The unit arrived beautifully packed.
But it wont pair, like before without the HFP Command says its paired sucessfully and shows the iPhone with a padlock.
It passes the code to the iphone and as soon as I put that in the iphone, coomand says paired Sucessfully.
But now I am getting on the iPhone
UHI - SN8007 not connected. And the info buttons gives one option forget this device??

The HFP just blinks ... doesnt go to a solid blue light.
Tried pressing the bottom bit to manually activate the phone and it goes off and does that.

Hmmm :(:(:( looks like a waste of £180 :(:(:(

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Nb I have deactivated the phone on command and turned the iphone on and off and "forget this device" and done the process about 4 times
Still no luck.
Plus turned off bluetooth on the phone and deactivated bluetooth on command .

Grrrr

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Mine works perfectly...once Comandonline advised what to do. You are inputting the code etc?

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
If I tap UHI - SN8007 on the iphone
Its say "UHI-SN8007" is not supported ??
Any ideas
Sod this I need this working for a 3 hour drive tomorrow. :(:(:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Did it come with the instructions?

davecw000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350/2005
Narac - just what I was thinking the samething - when I got my car, there was no instructions - so found this:

http://www.mercupgrades.com/manuals/cradles/HFP-manual.pdf

The one thing to note is that in my case, it took what seemed to be and endless amount of time before the phone found the HFP device - It has to find and connect/pair to MB phonesystem - no other that was my original error, I tried to connect to something that the phone found quite quickly and looked like it was the actual HFP device - but you have to wait until it finds MB phonesystem

Of course it may be an entirely different device, but hope my experience helps.

David

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
If I tap UHI - SN8007 on the iphone
Its say "UHI-SN8007" is not supported ??
Any ideas
Sod this I need this working for a 3 hour drive tomorrow. :(:(:

Ignore the UHI device, its not for phone and wont work.

Press and hold down the rear of the HFP cradle until the blue light flashes rapidly
Search on the phone.
When the phone finds MB Bluetooth select it.
Enter pairing code 62872

Thats it all done.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom