Bouncing central locking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesw203

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi w203 facelift model
Hi everyone I'm james and have recently brought a c220 cdi on 54 plate and I'm loving it, however it has a few issues as you would expect any car that's 9 years old will have. Every time I use the central locking the front drivers and passengers lock bounces up and down and sometimes locks and sometimes doesn't, I've seen lock repair kits on eBay which are just springs, in anyone's experience does this work?? Or will I need new locks? Also when I rev the car I get a squealing noise come from under the bonnet and I've been told its the alternator clutch, are these difficult to change? The only other problem I've got is a split rubber where the oil cap fits is this rubber meant to go into the engine cover slot for the oil cap? Thanks for any advice in advance :)

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Unless you are good at DIY, it might be better to replace your locks. However, in the DIY section here, I'm sure there is a very good article about replacing / repairing locks.

There are a number of things that could be causing your squeeling noise. Check that the tensioner is holding enough tension on the belt for a start. After that you can identify the problem area best by removing the belt and trying each individual component for looseness/wear or stiffness which could be causing your squeeling.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Ernie

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
As you may have gathered, the bouncing lock is caused by a broken spring in the lock unit, yes the whole door lock..
Its not take apartable unless you have good skills and can then buy a spring kit and repair..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom