Bouncing door locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

James16

Reaction score
The front door locks on my C180 Kompressor estate (52 plate 2003 model) have an intermittant fault. When both locking or unlocking using the remote fob the front door locks bounce up and down and either don't lock or don't unlock depending whether I'm locking or unlocking. Sometimes the locks work fine, others can take 5 or more attempts. Has anyone come across this problem and what is the fix? There are no faults coming up when checked on diagnostics.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as the misses is getting quite p***ed off with having to stand there feeling stupid whilst locking the car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The buttons that bounce will have to have new window locking motors. this is something that you can do your self, but you will need a pop rivet tool (they are cheap)

I can give you all the instructions to do this

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
The buttons that bounce will have to have new window locking motors. this is something that you can do your self, but you will need a pop rivet tool (they are cheap)

I can give you all the instructions to do this

Surely you mean door lock mech M, the tiny spring inside breaks making it bounce.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surely you mean door lock mech M, the tiny spring inside breaks making it bounce.

Sorry and yes a typo I would like to get my hands on an old one to work out a fix.

Thanks for the correction

OP
J

James16

Reaction score
I have a pop rivet tool so should be able to sort it out.

Please send me the instructions as offered.

Thanks very much

James.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I need an Email address please and you can have the door trim and locking motor details

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I got in a muddle there and have sent you too many documents,but the ones you need you should have

alim

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have the same bouncing lock problem on my W203 C180, front passenger door. Could someone please email the DIY instructions please

Thanks

peejaydee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 E240
Hi there, new to the forum although I've been an unregistered lurker for a while now - what a fantastic place to get advice and help.
I have the same problem on the front pax door of my wife's '03 W211 E240. Instructions for the fix would be very much appreciated.
My e-mail address is ***edited*** - I'll edit it out later as I see that's what's advised usually.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi there, new to the forum although I've been an unregistered lurker for a while now - what a fantastic place to get advice and help.
I have the same problem on the front pax door of my wife's '03 W211 E240. Instructions for the fix would be very much appreciated.
My e-mail address is thedochertys@tiscali.co.uk - I'll edit it out later as I see that's what's advised usually.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum, 3 sent, please ignore the wrong paper

peejaydee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 E240
All received already! Thank you very much - much appreciated.
Looks like not quite the simple task I was hoping for, still, have tools will travel as they say.
I'll try and strip the door first to see the guts in the flesh so to speak. Was hoping not to have to monkey with the window runners but looks like I'll have to.
Thanks again.

D

directpoet2

Hi guys! I just purchased a C230 coupe and after 1 week I started to have the same problem. Is this normal for these cars. The shop told me that they have to order this item and needs replacing.
I would appreciate a copy of the email sent to the other also, so I can look into doing the repairs my self

Thanks in advance

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can send you the info, these locking motors can fail, the new ones are better, if you are the handy type then you can do yourself

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
3 papers sent :D

kaz219

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi - Just came across this forum whilst searching for this problem im having too :(

Seems quite common as a fair few of us seem to be having it.

Is there any chance i could pester you for the golden papers you have to resolving this issue lol - I was going to take the door card off but I'd rather have a clue of what I'm doing before i start tearing things apart :D

my email is:

Many Thanks

Cheers :D

EDIT: its a 2002 C-Class Saloon i have :D

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

lighty

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it aint a spring thats broke mate, im fairly sure its the sensor that is integral to the door lock mech that has failed and thus cannot now work out what position the lock is in and therefore keeps sending it up and down. The fix is a replacement door lock mech that used to be double what they are now, they were almost a hundred quid and have now pretty much halved in price and are about £48 from merc.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi - Just came across this forum whilst searching for this problem im having too :(

Seems quite common as a fair few of us seem to be having it.

Is there any chance i could pester you for the golden papers you have to resolving this issue lol - I was going to take the door card off but I'd rather have a clue of what I'm doing before i start tearing things apart :D

my email is: ka§§§§§§§§§§uk

Many Thanks

Cheers :D

EDIT: its a 2002 C-Class Saloon i have :D

Cheers!

Details sent :D:D

Christopher C200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 Estate C220cdi 2002
Hi Malcolm,
I have the same problem and the 'lubrication dodge' has not worked.
I would be very grateful if you could please send me the instructions for replacing the lock (passenger side).
Many thanks,
Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom