Bouncing door locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi television I also have the same problem on 2004 c180 could you also send me the instructions on how to replace the motor for the bouncing door lock

I need an Email address, this can be edited out,,,, you can buy the repair kits on Ebay

coops2k

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 2005 2.0D
Hi all,
I have a A180 55 plate. The front door locks are bouncing and won't lock at all. Been getting worse over the last couple of months. I have had a look and it seems I cant even work out how to get the door cards off? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Email: coopiniho@ntlworld.com

I'm presuming I will need to get new locks....ebay te best place for this?

Thanks

M

markcullen4

Bouncing door lock

I am now an official member of the Mercedes bouncing door lock broken spring club!!
I have fault with passenger door on my 2002 W209 CLK320. I want to replace broken spring on this door and drivers door also as I expect that this side will fail in the near future. Could someone please email repair procedure to markcullen4@yahoo.co.uk Many thanks in advance, Mark

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All sent Mark and you can edit out your address

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all,
I have a A180 55 plate. The front door locks are bouncing and won't lock at all. Been getting worse over the last couple of months. I have had a look and it seems I cant even work out how to get the door cards off? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Email: coopiniho@ntlworld.com

I'm presuming I will need to get new locks....ebay te best place for this?

Thanks

Details sent, you can buy the springs on Ebay to fix your locks

SAllen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class2005/2.2CDI
Hi there,

I have the same bouncing lock problem on my W203 220cdi, front passenger door. Could someone please email the DIY instructions please to stuartallen@gmail.com

thanks

SAllen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class2005/2.2CDI
Hi there,

I have the same bouncing lock problem on my W203 220cdi, front passenger door. Could someone please email the DIY instructions please. I just realised that I gave the worng email address earlier. It should be: stuartallen32@gmail.com

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK and sent, you can edit out your address

M

markcullen4

Hi Television! Thanks for procedure to replace spring in door lock causing bounce. I checked out W203/W211 repair kits on ebay and W209 coupe is not compatible with kit but W209 convertible is!! Are you aware of a difference between coupe and convertible door locks? I would like to have springs to hand rather than strip out first.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do know they are not the same but I have not opened one up, does the seller know

M

markcullen4

W209 coupe bouncing door lock

Thanks! I will ask the question, and when I have stripped and fixed I will post what the difference is.

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, now this as well on the Wife's "Friday afternoon special" A class. Running at about a fault a week currently. Would be obliged if someone could send the magic knowledge - g at sign gusferenczy dot com.

Many thanks!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I cannot get that address to work

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
I cannot get that address to work

That is because I am an idiot - that's the old one from before I had a falling out at domain renewal time! New one is same but dot co dot UK at the end.

Sorry 'bout that, and thanks.

christtalmighty

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/2005/1.5 and C180/2006
Afternoon folks - could I ask for a copy of the DIY solutions for repairing my Driver door lock on an A150 (2005), please?

address is "allmyeve" at googlemail.com

dipstick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
W169 bouncin door lock

Hi everyone on this forum:D,complete newbie as i,m a newbie with a 2006 A class , got a problem with my driver door lock which wont work with the key ,only turns to the right but not locking or unlocking door and the lock bouncies up and down when activated with key buttons,any ideas?
if theres a quick fix could any one help? if so can you pass on the info,thanx!

karlglynn@msn.com

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi everyone on this forum:D,complete newbie as i,m a newbie with a 2006 A class , got a problem with my driver door lock which wont work with the key ,only turns to the right but not locking or unlocking door and the lock bouncies up and down when activated with key buttons,any ideas?
if theres a quick fix could any one help? if so can you pass on the info,thanx!

[emailemail]

Details sent and you can edit out the address

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom