Brake lights stay on when wet or cold??

George.Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Coupe 2012 1.8 Turbo
Sometimes my car brake lights stay on and won't go off. I've noticed this only happens when it's wet or cold. For example over summer it happened when I'd just washed my car, then was fine later that day. Now we're in November and it's wet and cold, I noticed when I got to work they were stuck on again.

I started noticing this at the end of last year and since then have had the switch replaced twice. The first time I got the switch replaced it seemed to fix the problem for a few weeks. After a few weeks when the problem returned I got the switch replaced again, but that didn't immediately fix the problem. It wasn't until the guy was fiddling around with something around the brake switch that it went off.

I am baffled as to what it could be so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It sounds like water or condensation getting into the SAM.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom