Brake pads for S600?

V12TTGUY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S600 Biturbo
Hi all

Am searching for brakes for my S600 bi turbo W220. When looking at my pads there is an indent on bottom middle of the pad and looks like it has 4 brake pads each side (on the front).
I couldn't find the correct pads with my reg or model but when I search S63, I found the pads straight away..

I wonder if the brakes were changed or upgraded from factory or previous owner?

Has anyone else had this before?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
being an older car the reg and the vehicle spec may not match 100%, these days they seem pretty close, but my car can have 3 different brake set ups and ECP doesn't know which

try Mercedes grangemouth - top blokes, great service, very fast delivery and very cheap postage costs (and with chassis number main dealer should be spot on)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The 600 has the same brembo calipers as the 55k which has multiple smaller pads (4 each I thi k)

Unless yours is a 221?

OP
V

V12TTGUY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S600 Biturbo
being an older car the reg and the vehicle spec may not match 100%, these days they seem pretty close, but my car can have 3 different brake set ups and ECP doesn't know which

I know what you mean! I searched on bestpartstore and they had quite a few differences on the discs as well... im sure mine are the 360mm discs but I then found differences in disc height so am going to have to remove brakes first I guess and measure.

try Mercedes grangemouth - top blokes, great service, very fast delivery and very cheap postage costs (and with chassis number main dealer should be spot on)

that's greats I will give them a try :D

OP
V

V12TTGUY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S600 Biturbo
The 600 has the same brembo calipers as the 55k which has multiple smaller pads (4 each I thi k)

Unless yours is a 221?

Mine is the 220.. also has 220 in the vin number..
But yes I think mine has 4 each side with 360mm discs but have found differences in disc height as well.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom