Brake wear warning

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Just got the brake wear warning, the rears were done last year so looking at the fronts they are showing about 4mm remaining, is that about the level for the alarm?
MOT is 11th Feb soonest to keep the same date so they should be ok til then and get them changed and MOT, only thing the warning keeps coming up, I cancel it then it returns sometimes after 2 seconds then it may take 2 minutes, not when braking just driving is that normal?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Yes that is normal. You have triggered a fault once the sensor wire has worn through. I'm surprised its not on all the time.

If the warning comes on during the MOT when they do the brake efficiency test I'm unsure if that is a fail or just an advisory?

Any reason for not doing the pads before the MOT? They aren't expensive. (Don't forget a new wear sensor)

OP
barnaclebill15

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Thanks for the reply, as I said it should be ok until the MOT date when I will get them changed and MOT done, my indy probably won't have a free date any sooner.
As to the alarm notification, all the others I have had, low coolant level, low screenwash ect. will cancel until the next time I turn on the ignition when they reappear, if they stay on you would be unable to see any other information.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
mine has come on again too, just as I got to work yesterday. My Omega would let you cancel the warning until the next start, whereas Nannying Merc will let you cancel until you next press the brake pedal. PITA :mad:

OP
barnaclebill15

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Finally got them done yesterday, finished up pads, discs one caliper and new roll bar, the bushes had gone and MB only do a complete roll bar. The joy of motoring, insurance next month and rear tyres soon.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom