Brawn GP

Splatt

Reaction score
Not only does the dear old Honda team come back as Brawn F1 they will be running Mercedes engines with Button and Barrichello driving.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7927488.stm
They will be at the first pre-season test at Barcelona on Monday which I presume means they have to get hold of of a couple of Merc engines and stick them in the car over the weekend !

Last edited:

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
And a quick respray,plus a visit to the F1 outfitters.

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
I wonder whether they get the same engine as McClaren, or last years unit like Ferrari flogs to some teams.

I thought it was the norm to have a 'factory' engine for the main team,and a 'customer' version for others.But with Ross Brawn's undoubted negotiating skills-who knows?

OP
Splatt

Splatt

Reaction score
Evidently they did it this morning and whipped it over to Silverstone for a quick test.
_45542007_brawnbody466.jpg

Last edited:

jubhi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Sport Coupe Brabus D6-III, A150 SE, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
I thought it was the norm to have a 'factory' engine for the main team,and a 'customer' version for others.But with Ross Brawn's undoubted negotiating skills-who knows?

I believe this is true, they will get last seasons engine.

turnipsock

Reaction score
They can borrow the engine out of my 230TE, its sorn'd at the moment.

Button already has had a win.

The cars look a whole lot different this year, I thought they were going back to full slicks though.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom