Breath Test

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
I can now confirm that a single sip of champagne to toast the New Year at midnight will not register on a breathalyser at 1am. I had been drinking Coca Cola all evening but the company was good so I didn't miss the alcohol too much.

We were driving home from the party at a friends house last night, only a couple of miles from home. A drunken pedestrian lurched into the road as we passed and removed the door mirror from the car. I pulled up smartly and found a body lying in the road, not a good start to the New Year. Police arrived first followed by an ambulance. The pedestrian did not seem too badly hurt but may have had some internal injury from the mirror. Police were very sympathetic but went through the full checks including a breath test. It may have helped that one of the officers recognised us as parents of people he was at school with:lol:

Just goes to show, you can avoid drinking and driving and still have a drink related accident.

Have a happy and safe New Year

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
I will not be driving today......nicely mellowed as I hit the pillow at 02.00hrs. but very very woolly now.

Mic

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Drunken staggering Revellers should be expected or anticipated this time of the year. One was actually killed on a major route not far from my neck of the woods by a cop car. So something we should all watch out for.
Its good you opted to abstain, good on you, and also shows you can go to a party, have a good time and not succumb to it.
Although its a good show for those that don't and choose to opt to walk home but far more risky for themselves if not for others.

There was a time people would elect themselves as drivers that would make a token charge and actually drive people home safely from their choice of venue. They were called taxies.
Sadly those days are gone...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The only drink that I consumed with the brandy cream on our desert :(

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
I nearly got cleaned up by a guy running from the police on NY eve. He was blocked by 2 cop cars and chose to rocket down the wrong side of the double highway to escape. I was coming the other way and, being dark, took a few moments to work out what was going on. By the time I did and dived left off the road, he had gone by at probably 70mph in a 35mph zone. Frightened the crap out of me. I was tired, on the way home and only about 3 miles to go. Easy to be in non-attentive mode. Caught me out.....nearly didn't see in 2013.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Except here its called 'tradition'.

dml

Reaction score
Website
invalid.name
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500
I've never understood the culture of getting so drunk that we are unable to control ourselves - I had enough drinks to get a bit wobbly last night but nothing compared to the people I saw!

I walked from Tower Hill to Waterloo last night in order to get home. The ground was covered in broken glass and other rubbish and there were police all over the place dealing with incidents (all the roads around Waterloo were closed for some reason).

I saw at least three different fights and people jumping around in the streets acting like violent animals... it felt like Mad Max rather than a night of celebration!

Nobody even tried to talk to me... can't imagine why... I ended up missing my train and falling asleep on the platform at Waterloo for a few hours before the next one :D

268736_10151153821751459_616759795_n.jpg

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom