Brent Council your roads did this to my poor AMG!

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
seems Mods are like buses today, one min there's none, then there's four :)

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
Driving rain, low visibility......Didn't see the pothole........CRUNCH!

Blowout...N/S/R....

Great...

View attachment 20982

View attachment 20983

Not a bad situation considering the motorists contribute £31billion to the treasury eh?
Lazy buggers can't get the funding they need to fix the roads :rolleyes:

Personally I would sue them, it's the only way they'll press for more funds.

Pete

Last edited:

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
Only if the council were aware of the pothole for >24hrs

Thats not a suitable defense chap. They have a duty to inspect and repair the environment they provide to the public.

Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if this >24hr nonsense was the case :shock:

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Thats not a suitable defense chap. They have a duty to inspect and repair the environment they provide to the public.

Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if this >24hr nonsense was the case :shock:

It would be hard for any council to fix every pothole 5 minutes after it appeared though...that's why the greater than 24 hours scenario was mentioned.

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
It would be hard for any council to fix every pothole 5 minutes after it appeared though...that's why the greater than 24 hours scenario was mentioned.

Fair enough chap, how many of us have actually reported pot holes I wonder?
I've only done it twice.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Me, once...because there was a police car right beside it.

JonnyCJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350 Grand Edition 2011, ML350 Sport 2010, VW Splitscreen 1965
oh yes, I see what you mean! I work in banking....not import/export/supply and demand...

Me too - maybe AML has been getting to me more than AMG !

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Punctures are an everyday hazard that hardly merit a lawsuit (or a bitch thread). Actually, it was you ^^ & not Brent Council that put your car on a flatbed.

For those of you who didn't understand, let me rephrase it.

Punctures are an everyday hazard that hardly merit a lawsuit (or a bitch thread). Actually, it was you ^^ & not Brent Council who was responsible for putting your car on a flatbed.

If you drive around without a spare you are asking for problems. The consequential expense is entirely down to the OP's decision to do that & nothing to do with Brent.

HTH.

JonnyCJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Punctures are an everyday hazard that hardly merit a lawsuit (or a bitch thread). Actually, it was you ^^ & not Brent Council who was responsible for putting your car on a flatbed.

If you drive around without a spare you are asking for problems. The consequential expense is entirely down to the OP's decision to do that & nothing to do with Brent.

HTH.

Hmmm - I actually think it was Brent Council who were responsible for the car going onto a flat bed. The OP having to use the flat bed was a direct consequence of the pot hole, Tirefix would not have helped if there was a severe cut in the tyre, which could quite easily occurred.

SL55's don't come with a spare, as is the case with many high performance cars these days.

We could have a vote !

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more

HTH.
Understood that bit in bold.
Two things though:
The reason for the puncture was a pothole, not some act of irresponsibilty on the part of the OP.
The SL55 does not have a spare. It has an inflation kit that is ok for (eg) a nail hole but as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike for anything bigger (which this was more than likely to be), so the OP was not left with many options re his decision.

OP
azam6380

azam6380

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
Thank you all for your support. Had a good look at the hole now, It was a big-un.

OP
azam6380

azam6380

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
Punctures are an everyday hazard that hardly merit a lawsuit (or a bitch thread). Actually, it was you ^^ & not Brent Council that put your car on a flatbed.

This is the first time I have encountered this type of post on the forum. The first and the last I hope.

JonnyCJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Driving rain, low visibility......Didn't see the pothole........CRUNCH!

Blowout...N/S/R....

Great...

View attachment 20982

View attachment 20983

Make sure that the wheel isn't cracked. A catastrophic blow out would potentially have resulted in the tyre deflating immediately, whereas a cracked wheel could have resulted in a slow loss of air, leading to the tyre deflating slowly. If your car has TPMS it should have spotted the latter in time to save the tyre.

Mind you if you had TPMS and used a can of instant tyre weld you'd have needed a new sensor.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
This is the first time I have encountered this type of post on the forum. The first and the last I hope.

Not the first, and most definitely wont be the last. We all have differing opinions and sometimes one persons opinion can upset a few. it happens, move on :)

OP
azam6380

azam6380

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG

HTH.

Please refrain from applying expletives to any posts in my thread in future. Just a polite request. :D

OP
azam6380

azam6380

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
Make sure that the wheel isn't cracked. A catastrophic blow out would potentially have resulted in the tyre deflating immediately, whereas a cracked wheel could have resulted in a slow loss of air, leading to the tyre deflating slowly. If your car has TPMS it should have spotted the latter in time to save the tyre.

Mind you if you had TPMS and used a can of instant tyre weld you'd have needed a new sensor.

Thanks Jonny.....have had a very close inspection of the wheel with an Indy and it looks, thank god, ok.....

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
For those of you who didn't understand, let me explain.

HTH.

In my post on page 1 of this thread I explained that the SL55 does not have a spare tyre.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Enough everyone...sgoti now knows about the sl55...can we move on.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom