Broke cable that clips onto of glow plugs.....

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
As i was pulling the clip off my glow plugs to change the glow plugs the wire/cable had broken loose from the cap. Looks like its snapped off leaving a small piece of metal in the cap(part that touches the glow plug). Is it snaped or suppose to be like this? ive put the cable back into the cap and closed the cap and the engine runs fine....

Anyone know if i need a replacement? If so what the part number is? price? and if its easy to fit yourself?

OP
j4gg4

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
Nobody?????

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I think it may be possible to solder the connector on again...what car have you got

OP
j4gg4

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
clk 270 cdi mate

Would the solder not melt under extreme heat?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom