Broken cup holder on 05 SL R230

chuenmanc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL600 R230 | Honda FR-V
Hello

I've been lurking here for a few months researching SL R230s, and ended up buying a lovely SL600 last October. However I recently snagged the cupholder with a bag strap, and while it still pops in and out, on the way back in to the fascia, the supporting prongs no longer close up, so that I have to fold them in myself while pushing the cupholder in. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I see some small screws in the underside of the cupholder, which I am hoping is the starting point, rather than removing the wood trim.

Thanks!

Chuen

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OK so you have the facelift comand, I am not sure if the cup holder will come out by just removing those 2 screws, but that is all that is holding it in, so try it, if it will not come out then I will get the top cover info for you,, once out you can bend the spring back to shape

OP
C

chuenmanc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL600 R230 | Honda FR-V
Thank you both, will take a look next time the car is out from under it's cover and report back.

orb the Impaler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 SLK 250 CDi AMG | Volvo V70 2.5T AWD | MV Agusta F4 | 1999 YZF-R1
Haha! Thankfully not a problem that will ever bother me :)

There are 3 inviolate rules in my cars
- no food
- no drink
- never ever EVER touch the glass

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Haha! Thankfully not a problem that will ever bother me :)

There are 3 inviolate rules in my cars
- no food
- no drink
- never ever EVER touch the glass

You forgot the seats and door handles ;):D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom