BTCC Thruxton

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I'm looking at getting some tickets for the August event, has anyone been. Not sure what tickets to purchase. When I look at the option it asks if you want to add the Grand Stand seats for £5 each, is this really needed?
With regards to camping, are you allowed to bring your own alcohol onto the site, and I think gas BBQ's are ok?
You can go VIP and pay £120 for the Saturday, and that includes food and drink, but we wouldn't want to limited to that area, so might be a waste of money.

Are these weekends usually good fun?

Thanks

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
BTCC at Thruxton has always been a great day out. Only ever done it as a day out at its less than 30mins away. Not done Grandstand seats, always found somewhere before the complex staight to get up to the fence and mount camera at height.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BTCC at Thruxton has always been a great day out. Only ever done it as a day out at its less than 30mins away. Not done Grandstand seats, always found somewhere before the complex staight to get up to the fence and mount camera at height.
We're not that far away, maybe an hour drive. I can't see that we'll want to sit in the same place, like to find a good spot for the race. Do they generally have good options for food and drink?

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
I can't ever go again , donkeys ago I went for the first and only BTCC time when the silver Audi A4 B5 chassis quattro's had that unfair advantage .

Hard rain all day that saw me purchase an Audi Sport mac but still soaked to the skin.

Decades later I book up with the family only to not go as windy monsoon weather was predicted , watching it and the support races for the many hours on TV seeing the wettest BTCC racing I've ever seen.

And the commentators to say the spectators were hardcore .

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I’ve been to Donningtonn Park a couple of times as a corporate guest and really enjoyed it. Good racing and a good day out.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
BTCC is a great day out wherever you go. Not been to Thruxton so can't give you any clues as far as a Grandstand or not is concerned. We normally frequent either Silverstone, Donnington or Snetterton and we don't usually bother with a Grandstand seat. We have generally been lucky with the weather. Personally I would rather be out on the circuit than in a Stand anyway :)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BTCC is a great day out wherever you go. Not been to Thruxton so can't give you any clues as far as a Grandstand or not is concerned. We normally frequent either Silverstone, Donnington or Snetterton and we don't usually bother with a Grandstand seat. We have generally been lucky with the weather. Personally I would rather be out on the circuit than in a Stand anyway :)
OK thanks. This was our take on the grandstand, much prefer to be walking around and near the track.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
OK thanks. This was our take on the grandstand, much prefer to be walking around and near the track.

I think the only downside of BTCC or any other form of Motor Racing is the disgusting toilet facilities on site - Yuk !!, :eek::eek: so might not be a good idea to take Alcohol with you perhaps and limit your visits to those filthy places :(

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think the only downside of BTCC or any other form of Motor Racing is the disgusting toilet facilities on site - Yuk !!, :eek::eek: so might not be a good idea to take Alcohol with you perhaps and limit your visits to those filthy places :(
Fair point, we'll probably not take our own anyway. I've used these loo's before, and it's the ones that are used by the campers that can be pretty grim.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom