1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bubbling Grille -08 S320L

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Mercs320, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Mercs320

Mercs320 Member

Oh I could spit ! I have the smallest, tiniest stone chip on the grille and within 2 days the whole row has bubbled up. About 8inch in total. The grille is plastic with a chrome coating.

I expected to pay to have the chip repaired but I'm shocked how quickly this bubbling has taken effect. MB are happy to take as much money as I want to through at this...but do I have any come back against warranty or that the grille isn't up to manufactoring Standards?

2. 100%Bitch

100%Bitch Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Fiat Panda, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
    It doesn't cost anything to ask the question to the dealer.

3. gre1591

gre1591 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C200 Auto (1995)
    I have been looking about at newer models and the grills do seem to get damaged easily from stone chips. Listening to owners of newer Mercs it seems to me the new plastic grills are poor in this regard and are occasionally being replaced under warranty by Mercedes. Try them and see what response you get!

4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Yes as above,,if it is flaking the the priming was wrong,,and MB will replace it,,they are very easy to fit