Budget

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Today's the day!

Any forecasts?

From what I've read, Hammond's going to target the young vote but has little to spend. I think his noise about housing is just noise - they don't build the houses although they can add some new incentives....

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Yep, I brimmed the diesel tanks yesterday...
I’m hoping they fear alienating and penalising a large swathe of motorists and industry at a delicate political time...
Not sure that political foresight is their strong suit though! ;)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Vehicle excise duty for diesel cars that do not meet latest standards to rise by one band in April 2018

Tax hike will not apply to van owners

Existing diesel supplement in company car tax to rise by 1%

Fuel duty frozen

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Yep, I brimmed the diesel tanks yesterday...
I’m hoping they fear alienating and penalising a large swathe of motorists and industry at a delicate political time...
Not sure that political foresight is their strong suit though! ;)
Vehicle excise duty for diesel cars that do not meet latest standards to rise by one band in April 2018

Tax hike will not apply to van owners

Existing diesel supplement in company car tax to rise by 1%

Fuel duty frozen

Phew!
For me, less for others!

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Time to "accidentally" run my Euro 4 diesel into the wall then?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
So my car will go from a Band I to a Band J raising it's road tax by £40 a year

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Me too. Shite really.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
french reg ,no road tax, great roads ,cheaper fuel, hows that done,oh and MOT every 2 yr and pretty much same cost as 1 yr in uk.??? and why i french reg all cars except SL. on another note it costs me 300 euro a yr to inssure my 03 Aclass and when i asked if the wife, who has only just passed her test, if she was covered to drive it the responce... she is yr wife,no? ,of course she is covered, none of that uk shite ,youngest driver, how long driving issues.
i dont pretent everything in france great, it aint,however i do feel mr and mrs mid income have a far better quality of life in france than in the uk.

anglaslt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LHD B63S Brabus (CL63 AMG) and RHD BMW X3 M40i
Is it possible for new cars not to meet the latest emissions standard (Euro 6 isn't it)?

Doesn't affect me but nonetheless confused.

OP
davemercedes

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Overall, given the current situation, it's not to bad a budget. I don't really understand what this actually means: -
- £400m to regenerate housing estates and £1.1bn to unlock strategic sites for development

- Which housing estates?
- Where is the £1.1Bn to be spent "to unlock strategic sites - and who gains from it?

- The "new" NHS money "Hammond announced an immediate £350m boost for this winter followed by £1.6bn more next year for the front line above the rise already planned.

- Is it new money or an old budget dressed up again>?

- On the Beeb page it says NHS leaders have already warned waiting times will continue to worsen.

OP
davemercedes

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it possible for new cars not to meet the latest emissions standard (Euro 6 isn't it)?

Doesn't affect me but nonetheless confused.

Maybe new/old stock might fail the latest Euro rating?
- They'll be shipped out dirt cheap with an equivalent or greater discount to shift them.
- The used market in say, 5 years will nevertheless be destroyed.

KeithJG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI Sport Edition S203 2006 V6 7g
Maybe new/old stock might fail the latest Euro rating?
- They'll be shipped out dirt cheap with an equivalent or greater discount to shift them.
- The used market in say, 5 years will nevertheless be destroyed.
May be true that one as i saw an 09 reg today which was a W203 series?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
May be true that one as i saw an 09 reg today which was a W203 series?
that shouldn't happen. last I heard 'new' cars could be held in stock for no longer than 6 months before being registered. given the vast changes in appearance between the 203 and 204, I find it hard to think that ANYONE would be unable to notice the difference

Parisien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320 1996, 1990 C124 300ce, 1989 200TE
french reg ,no road tax, great roads ,cheaper fuel, hows that done,oh and MOT every 2 yr and pretty much same cost as 1 yr in uk.??? and why i french reg all cars except SL. on another note it costs me 300 euro a yr to inssure my 03 Aclass and when i asked if the wife, who has only just passed her test, if she was covered to drive it the responce... she is yr wife,no? ,of course she is covered, none of that uk shite ,youngest driver, how long driving issues.
i dont pretent everything in france great, it aint,however i do feel mr and mrs mid income have a far better quality of life in france than in the uk.

As per my handle ajlsl600 am big into France, but with sterling reduction and increases for lots of everyday living items in France its now gotten to be a much more expensive place to live on a daily basis IMHO. For example I had to replace two LED bulbs in one of the apartments and ended up paying €13 at Carrefour versus £4 from ASDA, milk, butter, crisps, ice cream, milk fruit etc all dearer or much dearer. As for the price of paint...........horrific!

Never mind the intricate and mind loosing French taxation system!

But you have to register your car and or then pay a carbon tax too, petrol is pretty pricey now and much more surveillance recently too. I've both my new Audi A3 and SL insured for less than £300 with Aviva!

Vive la difference....sorta!

P

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom