Build dates and delivery times

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
I feel your pain. I was expecting to pick mine up this coming Friday. Today I got told it was stuck at Zeebrugge, awaiting extra QC checks. MB logistics were unable to tell us when it would undergo these checks, when it might board a boat, when it might get PDI’d, when it might reach the dealer, or when I might be able to collect.

It’s a complete mess, and I’m losing patience fast.

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S sometime soon hopefully
Suddenly a call late last week to say the car has been exported from Zeebrugge - and a date booked for Thursday May 3rd to pick the car up......

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Suddenly a call late last week to say the car has been exported from Zeebrugge - and a date booked for Thursday May 3rd to pick the car up......

Lucky you! Mine is still stuck in Zeebrugge. Fortunately my strongly worded letter to the CEO of MB UK had the desired effect, and they’re giving me a C63S to play with until my proper car turns up.

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG E63S 4Matic + Estate 2018
I fear I may have just joined this club. Mine was supposed to arrive at the dealer yesterday and all the tracking showed it was in the UK and on the transporter... When it wasn't they started digging and it's been at Zeebrugge since the 15th. They are waiting for a new ETA. From threads like these, I was afraid this might be the case but when they told me it was in the UK I stupidly started to relax. Not to mention make plans, and outlay money including paying for the thing! :mad:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I fear I may have just joined this club. Mine was supposed to arrive at the dealer yesterday and all the tracking showed it was in the UK and on the transporter... When it wasn't they started digging and it's been at Zeebrugge since the 15th. They are waiting for a new ETA. From threads like these, I was afraid this might be the case but when they told me it was in the UK I stupidly started to relax. Not to mention make plans, and outlay money including paying for the thing! :mad:
Welcome- it will be worth it in the end though!

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213

Welcome to the club. My E63S has been stuck in Zeebrugge for 7 weeks now. I’d have cancelled long ago if I hadn’t complained and got a C63S to play with until my car arrives. Mercedes UK are quite good, but the chaps in the factory and MB logistics are absolutely abysmal, bordering on inept.

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That is my fear. I have been happy with the service from the dealer. Technically it's fleet sales rather than a dealer but same difference. Latest update is an ETA of 31st May delivery to the dealer at the latest. Given what others have experienced I will believe it when I see it. MB have said I will get updates twice a day so we will see.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
That is my fear. I have been happy with the service from the dealer. Technically it's fleet sales rather than a dealer but same difference. Latest update is an ETA of 31st May delivery to the dealer at the latest. Given what others have experienced I will believe it when I see it. MB have said I will get updates twice a day so we will see.
Good luck getting twice a day updates!

My latest update was that it might be on a boat on 28/05, but it also might not. Thanks for that!

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S sometime soon hopefully
Welcome to the club. My E63S has been stuck in Zeebrugge for 7 weeks now. I’d have cancelled long ago if I hadn’t complained and got a C63S to play with until my car arrives. Mercedes UK are quite good, but the chaps in the factory and MB logistics are absolutely abysmal, bordering on inept.
So I did finally get mine on May 3rd as promised.

The first 1000 miles have been very frustrating....it's awful trying to keep to 4000 rpm, 85mph, don't use kickdown etc.; but even so you can sense the power and grip the car has. Thankfully I'm now in the 'you can gradually increase the load' phase. I love getting in it, though it's hard to get my grin through the door.

All I can say is keep the faith, this car is well well worth it. And by the way E63S, it makes a C63S seem slow!

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Thanks Nick. Having already completed the AMG Driver training at Brooklands I can confirm that the E63S is insanely fast. Way faster than the C63S, which is no slouch itself.

The first time I gave it the full beans on the dynamic straight, I shocked. Wasn’t expecting that level of grip and power. I’m not sure my major organs have gone back to where they are supposed to be located yet!

The first 1000 miles have been very frustrating....it's awful trying to keep to 4000 rpm, 85mph, don't use kickdown etc.; but even so you can sense the power and grip the car has. Thankfully I'm now in the 'you can gradually increase the load' phase. I love getting in it, though it's hard to get my grin through the door.

All I can say is keep the faith, this car is well well worth it. And by the way E63S, it makes a C63S seem slow!

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
More delays. So close to telling MB to do one.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

Glad you got the new car, have you got any pics? How much more running in do you have to do before you can open her up?

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mine is still supposed to be arriving on the 31st... I have been getting the 2 updates a day. I still worry and with the weekend next update will be Tuesday with only 2 days to go.. This, and similar threads, are managing my expectations.
More delays. So close to telling MB to do one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mine is still supposed to be arriving on the 31st... I have been getting the 2 updates a day. I still worry and with the weekend next update will be Tuesday with only 2 days to go.. This, and similar threads, are managing my expectations.

Well good news. Car arrived at Purfleet at 08.30 this morning and is still on course to be at the dealer for the 31st I am trying not to count any chicken's. Credit where credit is due, if it stays on course then it will only have taken just over 6 weeks from ordering which is pretty impressive.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well good news. Car arrived at Purfleet at 08.30 this morning and is still on course to be at the dealer for the 31st I am trying not to count any chicken's. Credit where credit is due, if it stays on course then it will only have taken just over 6 weeks from ordering which is pretty impressive.
Which model did you order?

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Nice! Only 32 weeks less than mine (which is still in Zeebrugge).

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Which model did you order?
E63s Estate.
I can list the options, if that may have made a difference?
They did say there are no stocks of the AMG Night pack when I ordered and if I wanted that it would have been significantly delayed.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63s Estate.
I can list the options, if that may have made a difference?
They did say there are no stocks of the AMG Night pack when I ordered and if I wanted that it would have been significantly delayed.

No, that's fine, I was just interested to know what you had ordered, enjoy when you get it. Awesome machine, I'm still getting my head around all the newer models.

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
At the risk of tempting fate, the car left Purfleet yesterday evening and is on way to the dealer so may even arrive early.

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It did arrive early! They were even happy to deliver it Saturday, but I will collect it Monday. All in very very happy and I hope this signals an end to the delays for others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom