Build dates and delivery times

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
It did arrive early! They were even happy to deliver it Saturday, but I will collect it Monday. All in very very happy and I hope this signals an end to the delays for others.
I'm so impatient, I would have got myself to the car ASAP!

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG E63S 4Matic + Estate 2018
Whilst giving into my impatience, would surely give short term satisfaction; it would never cancel out the longer term pain of changing plans, already made, with Mrs Graveworm ;)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Whilst giving into my impatience, would surely give short term satisfaction; it would never cancel out the longer term pain of changing plans, already made, with Mrs Graveworm ;)
Very good point, and something that I should also take into consideration :eek:

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG E63S 4Matic + Estate 2018
Patience rewarded with a that doesn't look too bad when I sent her the pics I took after I collected it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow, lovely car. Great colour as well......Don't scare the animals!

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S sometime soon hopefully
I cannot match Graveworm's backdrop, but here's a few views of what my obsidian black E63S with nightpack and black wheels looks like. Black.

So the basic concensus appears to be forming that it's the nightpack that has caused so many delays. I think I've found out why.....

I washed the car this morning, and noticed pronounced discoloration to the window surrounds, see the photo. The blemishes come up very bright blue when wiped, and appear to be coming from the inside, outwards, the outer surface is still smooth. They are the worst around the wing mirror roots, and less frequent as you go up or back. So far none on the rear windows. I'll address this with MB shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_5012 1.jpg
    IMG_5012 1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5013.jpg
    IMG_5013.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5014 1.jpg
    IMG_5014 1.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5006.jpg
    IMG_5006.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 29

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I cannot match Graveworm's backdrop, but here's a few views of what my obsidian black E63S with nightpack and black wheels looks like. Black.

So the basic concensus appears to be forming that it's the nightpack that has caused so many delays. I think I've found out why.....

I washed the car this morning, and noticed pronounced discoloration to the window surrounds, see the photo. The blemishes come up very bright blue when wiped, and appear to be coming from the inside, outwards, the outer surface is still smooth. They are the worst around the wing mirror roots, and less frequent as you go up or back. So far none on the rear windows. I'll address this with MB shortly.
Another great motor. ok, I'm getting jealous now. Is the interior standard?? Whatever standard is?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive

For a £92k+ car that is shockingly bad from MB!

Otherwise the car is lovely.

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S sometime soon hopefully

And now hopefully better photos..... IMG_5013.jpg IMG_5013.jpg IMG_5012 1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5014 1.jpg
    IMG_5014 1.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5006.jpg
    IMG_5006.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 23

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
That trim is a mess. I'd be straight back at them with that I'm afraid.

I have the night pack on mine and it shows no marks at all as can (hopefully) be seen on the picture below. As this is on an earlier car (nearly 12 months old now) I'd be wondering if they've changed suppliers at some stage?

Black trim.jpg

Matt Farr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gla 1.6 petrol AMG
So I ordered my GLA 1.6 Petrol in May, I was told I should expect it mid to late July. Well I know its only a month late but for the last 4 weeks I've been told its at port in Zebrugge waiting shipping. I've been told its not been sent because of the "Vw emmision issues" and that something needs to happen before it's dispatched. Now having read through this thread I can see that in fact there is just some kind of with the logistics of these cars, at one point I was even told that no new petrol cars from any manufacturer are getting through, but I've seen plenty of the other options I considered. Any news from you guys in the forum about any known progress. Looking forward to being an owner of a Mercedes but not a great first impression.

GlosRichCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W177 A180 SE auto, 2012 W212 E350 CDi Sport saloon, 2001 CLK 230 K Cabriolet A208
So I ordered my GLA 1.6 Petrol in May, I was told I should expect it mid to late July. Well I know its only a month late but for the last 4 weeks I've been told its at port in Zebrugge waiting shipping. I've been told its not been sent because of the "Vw emmision issues" and that something needs to happen before it's dispatched. Now having read through this thread I can see that in fact there is just some kind of with the logistics of these cars, at one point I was even told that no new petrol cars from any manufacturer are getting through, but I've seen plenty of the other options I considered. Any news from you guys in the forum about any known progress. Looking forward to being an owner of a Mercedes but not a great first impression.

There's the change over to WLTP emissions standards from 1st Sept. So any new cars that don't meet this can't be sold after that.
All manufacturers have had to retest their cars to this standard.
VW group have totally failed to do this, so only will be able to sell about 5 models after 1st Sept...lol. Head of engineering should resign.
Friend tried to order and Audi A3 last week and was told, no production for probably 6 months.
Mercedes are largely ok from what I've read, so don't know why yours is delayed. WLTP applies to petrol and diesel cars btw.

Philly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63s AMG
Ordered a C63s mid September was told to expect delivery mid December , just had a call to be told that there are big delays to AMG models at the factory and my car will now be ready around mid March , does anyone know if this is correct .. Are Mercedes having big delays at the factory or is the dealer making this up

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Par for the course mate. I had various delays around dashboard, sunroof (??) and night pack cited when waiting some 10 months for my E63S which turned up in April. There is a school of thought which also suggests that EU emission regs have meant additional work on cars already produced = backlog. No proof of the latter though; just a rumour

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom