Bulb failure warning light on

Sway

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK320 CDI Sport, 2007
About a month ago i observed the light coming on after starting but then going out after a few minutes. I checked all the lights but none had failed.

I noticed three days ago that it stays on constantly now and once again when i did a walk around check found none of the lights to have failed.:confused:

Could it be a sensor issue or something more sinister than that?

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do check the brake lights and numberplate lights, both full and dipped beam, also indicater's

OP
S

Sway

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK320 CDI Sport, 2007
Cheers Malc. Will do

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
If you find that all bulbs are ok, then if you haven't replaced any recently (and the problem is recent) we can assume the wattages are ok.
If so, the most likely cause is a poor contact in a bulbholder. I got this on my last E class where the bulbs were working but the warning came up on the brake lights. I cleaned and resprung the contacts and as well as the bulb becoming twice as bright, the warning went away.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
You say you have no lights out, at what point does the warning light come on? on side lights? or when the dipped beam is on? when the brake light pedal is pushed?
Be careful saying all your lights are ok on the 202 as you have two lamps in each rear light cluster, it could be that only one is not working and the other one is on still giving you the impression that they are all ok.

Top Bottom