Bulb Failure

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
...Yes I know it has been covered in the past but it has just happened again to me but this time I checked all the lamps and they are all working. So switched the car off and waited a while then turned it on again, this time all was well.

After some 20mins or so the warning came up again, again I stopped and got the wife to go round the car to check all the lights including the brake lights all working, the only thing I could think of is water ingress somewhere as it was urinating it down at the time?

Any thoughts?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes the weather does not help.

I would get some non drying switch cleaner and spray all of the bulbs and their holders, and it will go away for good

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
... and got the wife to go round the car to check ............ it was urinating it down at the time?

Any thoughts?

Yes. I wouldn't get away with that. Has she dried out yet? :lol:

OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Quick, get her to wash the car while she's still soaked. :D

I am watching her through the window as I post, hang on she's missed a bit........... okay now where we:confused:

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
...Yes I know it has been covered in the past but it has just happened again to me but this time I checked all the lamps and they are all working. So switched the car off and waited a while then turned it on again, this time all was well.

After some 20mins or so the warning came up again, again I stopped and got the wife to go round the car to check all the lights including the brake lights all working, the only thing I could think of is water ingress somewhere as it was urinating it down at the time?

Any thoughts?

I find that this happens to me,mostly when the weather is warm and I guess that it causes the rear ? bulb holders to expand and cause a short somewhere. I then get a "bulb out" warning on the dashboard, lose my reversing lights and the single front wiper does not operate if I am reversing in the rain.
When I switch off I get the "one malfunction" message,but when I return to the car later in cooler times the fault has gone away and all is normal again.

Cold this be happenning to you ?
Regards

John

OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I find that this happens to me,mostly when the weather is warm and I guess that it causes the rear ? bulb holders to expand and cause a short somewhere. I then get a "bulb out" warning on the dashboard, lose my reversing lights and the single front wiper does not operate if I am reversing in the rain.
When I switch off I get the "one malfunction" message,but when I return to the car later in cooler times the fault has gone away and all is normal again.

Cold this be happenning to you ?
Regards

John

It is very intermitten and only seems to happen when or after raining. MB replaced both rear bulb holders shortly after purchasing the car as their was a problem with them.

I do know that water gets into the boot lid, from where I no not, but I have found no traces of water around the rear light bulb holders/clusters.

Thanks for your reponse, much appreciated.

Roger

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom