C 180 1998 boot lid

Willie

Reaction score
My friends C 180 boot lid wont open. Have tried the remote control, button on center console and key.
Is there anything else to try .
Any ideas.
Tks in adv.

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
OK Its a 202 C Class if the boot opening switch is on the centre console. Have you tried the blade properly? There is a set angle the key need to be in before pressing the button in to open the boot lid.

OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.
If the "blade" is the slimline key which fits into the side of the main remote control then yes we have tried that however, we didnt know there was a Knack to the way to use it.

I have just now tried opening the boot on my own 202 and I havnt managed to open it either. ( it does work with remote control and console button)

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Tks

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
The key is inserted at the 12 o’clock (vertically) position and should turn to the 10 o’clock position to unlock and when turned to the 2 o’clock position, to lock.

It may be, that in both cases the locks are seized due to not being used as the remote fob is always used to lock/ unlock.

Get some penetrating oil and insert the aerosol straw into the lock and flood it several times in an hour and work the key in the lock occasionally.
See… http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=48327

Dec

OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
Tks for that . I will try that out tomorrow.

Top Bottom