C Class 'alarm'

Man in Black

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class W204 2013 2.0L diesel
When at speeds over 30 mph, I get a ''bing bong" alarm. It makes me think it is a speed camera alarm but I am not aware of my car having that facility. 2013 C Class 2.0.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

JDPEClassUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate E220d (2019)
Mine makes the same noise in areas with a speed limit if I go over. You can turn off or set a threshold in mine. I think it is part of distronic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 A Class A200 AMG Line Executive
When mine did this it was the 'bonnet open' warning. It wasn't open but needed to be opened and shut with a bit more gusto so to speak.
Did you see anything on your display when the bing bong souunded?

OP
M

Man in Black

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the replies. The bonnet is shut and the 'distronic' isn't switched on.
I still think it is something to do with speed monitoring. it never occurs when driving below 30 mph.
The 'bing bong' is very high pitch and after the first 'bing bong' a few seconds later there is another, slightly lower in tone.
I suppose I'll have to visit the local robbing shop. (MB dealer).

OP
M

Man in Black

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Back again guys/gals. I still haven't figured the 'bing-bong' 'alarm' on my C Class. It is a strange sound...something like 'bood up' and seconds later 'bood dop'. I can't believe I'm the only one with a C Class that has this wierd sound. When I rang the local MB dealer to speak to a mechanic, they said I would have to book it in! (And, no doubt, lose circa £100 for them to listen to it). Cmon guys/gals....help! Cheers.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
How many text messages do you receive in a day and can you only hear the bing bong of their arrival at low speeds when it's not so noisy in your car?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Back again guys/gals. I still haven't figured the 'bing-bong' 'alarm' on my C Class. It is a strange sound...something like 'bood up' and seconds later 'bood dop'.

The tow sounds make me think something is connecting and then disconnecting. Perhaps something to do with the COMAND system??

OP
M

Man in Black

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thx for replies.
Defo not text arrivals.
I'll go thro the COMMAND system and see if that throws any light on it.
Cheers

Racersedge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A4
Mine did that when I exceeded the speed limit for the road I was on. Do you have the speed sign reading facility that puts the road speed up on your dash? (Forgot what’s it’s called, will look when I’m back) If so it can be disabled.

OP
M

Man in Black

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well done, Racersedge.
Although we are warned not to pay too much attn to the Sat Nav whilst driving, today I was waiting for it and there it was, a sneaky little icon in the top right hand corner, showing a speed camera.
So the 'Bood up' was entering a camera zone and Bood Dop when leaving the area.
Now I know the reason, I'll leave it on, it may just save me some points!
Many thanks guys.
M.I.B

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom