C Class Boot Won't Open

G

Gazza1970

Hi Guys

I've been looking around the posts to a solution to my problem but haven't had any luck so here goes::?:
I have a 54 plate C220, which I can't get into the boot. It happened about a week ago but it popped open when I was pushing down on it. It's happened again today but it won't open this time, the car came with an infa-red key fob with 3 buttons, 1 to lock, 1 to unlock & 1 for the boot. The central locking (doors)is woking fine but the boot just won't open, also this time the light on the dashboard is saying the boot is open and the internal boot release button led light is lit up. I've tried locking & unlocking and I've tried with the engine running but no luck:(. There also a chicken byriani doggy back in the boot from last night, I badly need to get it out before it rots through the boot floor!!:)

Hope someone can help out

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
New latch needed, dont no how your going to open it tho to replace,

New plug needed as well for the wiring!

Welcome to the forums!

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Have you tried with the metal key?

EDIT - Dec got there first! :)

OP
G

Gazza1970

Thanks Guys for your speedy reply, I never realised there was an emergency key in the fob, it worked. S-A-M/U-N-I-T is that what the problem is? I need a new latch and plug? I need to get it serviced this week anyway so I'll ask them to fix the boot as well. Just for your information the Biryani is now warming in the microwave!!! Thanks again

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom