C Class dead and wont take key

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
MB gonna charge £148 for 1 x door control module!
...geez, Think I will just leave the fuse out!

Anyone know of aftermarket parts?

You just cut the memory wire and join it to the + wire and it will work normally

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
Thanks for all your support Malcolm ;-)

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
OK, Just to check I put the fuse back in , and unplugged the seat motor cables from under the seat.
There seemed to be two main boxes under there, both had two cables going into each of them. The left hand one (nearest drivers door) had two, and when either of them were unplugged (numbers 1 or 2) the current dropped to 0.23amps .. it didnt matter which cable was unplugged (with the fuse back in and these plugged in I got a reading of 1.85amps).
Could this mean the motor is knackered? Or would it still be the door control unit supplying them?

photo.jpg

ukgeoff

New Registration
Reaction score
My battery also suffers the same problem... goes completely flat in around 2 days ( 2001 C320 ). I'll try disconnecting the wires shown above & see if it fixes it. If it does is there any way to cut the offending wire so the electric seats still work?

I read that disconnecting the memory wire is a cure. Which wire is the memory wire or do I do it in the door switch? If it's in the door switch, any tips or advice on how to get it out will be greatly appreciated.

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
Hello,
Malcolm may be able to help you with "getting door off" instructions.

Personally I have unplugged one of the cables, see in my diagram (number 1) , and the drain has stopped. When I want to use my elec seat.. I just push it back in (not so far that it clips in), so I can adjust it, and then whip it out again.

I was quoted £150 for the door module, and then the work to replace it. I dont like taking doors apart as they quite often are not the same once they have gone back together again, hence I have left this issue.

The other thing you can do is to leave the plugs in place and remove the fuse (forget which number sorry), but by using the plug method, my elec mirrors and elec seats still work well.

Regards, airbag

Top Bottom