C Class DRL issue - constant dim glow

stesmith89

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 C220 AMG Sport Edition 125 Saloon
Hi, wondering if you can help.

I have a 2011 C Class Saloon, and the passenger side DRL is constantly glowing very dimly. This has happened previously around 6 months ago, and both DRL units were replaced by my local dealer under warranty. This seemed to resolve the problem at the time.

My warranty is now extremely close to expiring, and I'm looking for a heads up from anybody who has had or seen this issue previously as to what may be causing it.

Image attached.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0069_edit.jpg
    IMG_0069_edit.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 47

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It must be a fault in the switching, it cannot be a driving lamp problem, I suspect here all SAM controlled, I have read of another case of this problem.

chrisdean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 C200 AMG Line
They're only held in place with 4 screws so it's easy enough to swap them over and then you'll know whether it's the light unit or the wiring at fault. They have both got the same wiring plug so if the dim one is still dim when swapped to the other side then the light unit is faulty and is confirmed if the known working light still works when plugged into the other side. You can also take the opportunity to check the plugs for corrosion or loose wires.

OP
S

stesmith89

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 C220 AMG Sport Edition 125 Saloon
Thanks both, it's in with a dealer as we speak and they've just informed me that they believe it is a faulty SAM and are replacing it under warranty.

Figures crossed that sorts it!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom