1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C Class engine failure help please

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Tony carr, Oct 4, 2019.

1. vtaylor78

vtaylor78 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 CDI Coupe W207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
    I would of thought the CEO , would of done something rather than just passing it back. !!.
    Good luck don’t give up, there’s nothing more you could have done.

2. malcolm210

malcolm210 Senior Member

Good luck with the court case sometimes it’s the only way

Dean Fletcher likes this.
  3. John Tinsley

John Tinsley Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK 240 AVANTGARDE cabriolet
    Best of luck. Stick to your guns!

4. OP
    Tony carr

Tony carr Member

Your Mercedes:
    C Class 2015 c200d
    Latest update for you all, in one last attempt to get some common sense into the situation I made a without prejudice offer to the dealer in order to try and get it resolved in a satisfactory way for all sides. They asked that I put this in writing same day which I did within 30 minutes of the telephone call. I then made a visit to the dealer the following day and had to return the loan vehicle which left me without a car I asked the manager that I written the email to if he had put the offer to his general manager to be told that he had been to busy and hoped to have an answer later that day which was last Thursday. He then added if I waited 30 mins or hour he might find a driver to give me a lift to a bus stop or train station. Guess what I walked out in disgust telling him that if the answer was no then legal proceedings will go ahead and to put my vehicle on the road outside his dealership and then in turn I will put a banner in it saying beware engine blown 56,000 miles. As you know it is now Monday the following week and still no response it is a total disgrace and this Mercedes dealer should be ashamed of the selfs and there actions

DSK likes this.
  5. Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes e 250 coupe AMG 2009
    I really feel for you hope you get it sorted ASAP.

6. MartyR

MartyR Member

Your Mercedes:
    2005 ML 270, 2007 Clio 197
    This is appalling, seems to me there is little recourse here. Yet again companies putting profit before customers. Have you tried reaching out to MB Germany? Maybe they can help?

7. ledonster

ledonster Registered

Your Mercedes:
    C220d AMG line 2016 2.1d
    Oh I so feel for you. I had the same thing happen to me with a seat Leon and a con rod that went through the block shortly after a service from the main dealers. They offered a contribution from head office towards new engine, dual mass flywheel and clutch. I vowed to fight them but they removed the courtesy car just before Christmas and wouldn't budge despite my threat of getting an independent go establish what happened. They insisted on doing it themselves at my cost (17hrs of labour) so in the end, I had to stump up the £3.5k. I think they paid around £3k. Had a similar issue with my next car, a Passat 1.6d when the egr valve went before having the 'fix' done. That little adventure cost me £400 to sort out by an independent but I never had the 'fix' done. Now drive a 220d and hope I never have this kind of problem. Reading your story brought it all back. I wish you all the best.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

8. Frontstep

Frontstep Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    T210 320cdi

I make the assumption any action would be under the Consumer Rights Act against the supplying dealer theoretically you have up to six years after purchase to pursue them, dealers usually claim their liability ends with the warranty.

I would suggest you stick at 80% and to have your previous payments credited to reduce your exposure to settle now.

Publicity or in your case bad publicity for the dealer will be helpful.

If you have legal expenses Insurance on any of your Insurance policies then I suggest you explore that avenue first if you can't agree but they can be a little timid.

This will of course take some considerable time and inconvenience to you so don't go at it with anger driving your decisions.

MB bat away court actions on a daily basis and have a department that spends its time doing just that.

They are though arrogant and predictable.

If your still keen to carry on then;

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees

9. davemercedes

davemercedes Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av
    Go for it - good luck I don’t think you’ll need it!