c class squeeky front suspension

blueskies_6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K auto Audi A4 Avant 2.0 Tdi 2006 Volvo S80 2.4 auto 2001
Hello

My lovely c200k has developed a strange front suspension squeeky noise. This happens only only after a considerable amount of city driving and is audible when going over humps or through uneven road surfaces.

If I push down hard on a front corner I can also hear this. It sounds like squeeky rubber. Any ideas?

Cheers

Peet

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E230 Estate 1997 P reg in Silver & Navy Chrylser PT Cruiser with all the chrome
I have the same on my E230 estate,I have had a look but can't see anything wrong.Mine is on the drivers side.
Will wait and see who replies on this post.It can't be much ?

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Have you looked at your roll bar bushes?

robert_jean221

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 C220 cdi Estate (W203)
Had it myself on a couple of Mercs, a squirt of rubber lubricant on the roll bar bushes usually sorts it out. I think WD40 will do the trick.

SpikeUK

Reaction score
My squeak (and sometimes a rattle) turned out to be a failed drop-link. The joint had failed at one end.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Had it myself on a couple of Mercs, a squirt of rubber lubricant on the roll bar bushes usually sorts it out. I think WD40 will do the trick.

Buy some silicon lubricant, much better than WD40 for rubber bushes. Stopped mine squeaking from the rear suspension, but had to remove the wheel to get to all the bushes/joints.

Russ

OP
B

blueskies_6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all

Thanks for the advice. I will buy some silicone and spray on the joints and rubbers. Am certain it will do the trick.

Thanks again

Peet

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Hello

My lovely c200k has developed a strange front suspension squeeky noise. This happens only only after a considerable amount of city driving and is audible when going over humps or through uneven road surfaces.

If I push down hard on a front corner I can also hear this. It sounds like squeeky rubber. Any ideas?

Cheers

Peet

I had a C200 and that squeaked at the front. Took to my local dealer and they changed the bushes on the anti roll bar. Said it was an update -free when being serviced. Not all cars had it done as not all use dealer servicing.

But that was a 2002 C class and I would expect most to have made the change long since. Perhaps just wear and tear?

OP
B

blueskies_6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers for the reply.

Mine is aslo a 2002. Full mbsh, but can't see in the book that it had been done. It's just done 50k miles and I got it with 36k.

I will try the silicone spray and hope it works!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
PTFE is also very good on these bushes and is thinner than silicon,,a combination of both should be good.

If a 203 all here

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Cheers for the reply.

Mine is aslo a 2002. Full mbsh, but can't see in the book that it had been done. It's just done 50k miles and I got it with 36k.

I will try the silicone spray and hope it works!

I mentioned it just in case. Some updates are done to all cars when they go in for servicing. But some other updates are only done as and when the customer reports a problem. The front anti-roll bar bushes were this latter kind of update. Some of the old ones squeaked but not all. If nobody complained it will not have been changed. But MB go on doing updates for up to 6 years or more so it might just be worth asking your local dealer service manager. They also give big discounts for work on older cars -but again usually only if you ask. Twenty percent off parts and labour is not unusual.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I mentioned it just in case. Some updates are done to all cars when they go in for servicing. But some other updates are only done as and when the customer reports a problem. The front anti-roll bar bushes were this latter kind of update. Some of the old ones squeaked but not all. If nobody complained it will not have been changed. But MB go on doing updates for up to 6 years or more so it might just be worth asking your local dealer service manager. They also give big discounts for work on older cars -but again usually only if you ask. Twenty percent off parts and labour is not unusual.

But if MB change them then that will be expensive and they do not get changed as part of any service

OP
B

blueskies_6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers Malcolm for the good advice. Will I find this product at Halfords?

Aprreciate all the advice!

Peet

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers Malcolm for the good advice. Will I find this product at Halfords?

Aprreciate all the advice!

Peet

Yes Halfords have the silicon spray, and Screwfix keep the PTFE as well, you might as well spray the wish bone rubbers as well it is good for rubber,, most are successful but not all

Last edited:
OP
B

blueskies_6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok well I believe I am sorted with this one as well.

Cheers for for help.

Peet

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
But if MB change them then that will be expensive and they do not get changed as part of any service

But it is free as part of an update. But not free, pf course, if the update was done long ago, and wear has caused a new squeak.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom