TheGaffer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C124 (1992) C124 (1989) W201 (190e -1990) & E class W211 220cdi
Hi All,
I have two C124 and the second one i just purchased the butlers did not work, checked fuse and someone had removed, i replaced and passenger one works but drivers side not. Worked for a day or so and then stopped. Check fuse and it gone again, so took off panel on driver side (this one dont work) removed the power to the rail (plug that is up near C pillar beside rear seat) and replaced fuse. Passenger one is working again. I then plugged back in driver one to see if blows the fuse no, open shut door, fuse ok, i disconnect the plug thinking will have to take this rail out another day. I was then in front seat opened door and notice arc out (shorting) on the door stop bar (not hinges) the one in middle it shorted out on the door metal frame! now i know or im sure voltage dont run through that so any have a clue what this could be, i imagine this is connected as it passes out Belt when closing door so hence why blowing the butler fuse, if anyone know what it could be love to know! thanks

Top Bottom