C180 (94) internal heater problem solved.

daveseavista

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 C200
Hi This may be of use to someone else.

I had a fault on my internal heater where by it would be on full heat regardless of the temperature settings. The back lights also flashed. I removed the heater panel from the car and then dismantled it as follows:
Remove the knobs, then un-clip the plastic cover by pushing in the small plastic tabs each in turn. Once the cover is off undo the large nut holding the air vent control in place. Next push in the plastic tabs holding the main PCB in place. Remove this out of the way (it will be attached via a ribbon cable) exposing a small PCB on the rear of the multi plug. My problem was a dry solder joint on the earth pin. But I imagine problems could be caused by dry joints anywhere.

On reassembly the air vent control can only fit in correctly one way. Also take care with the knobs as they are not interchangeable.

All the best Dave

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom