Reaction score
Thats great. Thank you for that.

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
replacing the little bulb however is not easy, and they are quite expensive for such a little bulb, you can only buy them from mercedes.

i remember when i changed mine that i was told to use a straw, use a pliars, use glue and all sorts of ideas, the reality however was straws were two weak, glue didnt cut it and i was afraid to break the bulb in situ using pliars....

in the end, while trying to fit the replacement bulbs i dropped two or three of the new bulbs into the heater switch area and they are still there, its just so hard to slide the new ones in the correct way, so they tend to fall into the switch plastics....

I used a small long headed pliars in the end to get the bulbs into their correct position, and the three or so spares are still down there under the switch, waiting for the next time i can figure out how to get them out....

you'll understand what I mean when you try to do this, believe me...

dont forget theres a little white flap that sits in front of the bulbs and will slide out of the way to expose them, slide it back when the new bulb is in

good luck

cheers
niall

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So Niall,,when you go abroad you have spare bulbs with you all the time :D I like it :D:

Top Bottom