C200 57 Plate unable to start

Digger67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Coupe 2008
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping there are people on here who have an idea on the current issues I'm having with my C200 Coupe.

The problem (or problems!) have been ongoing for a while. The first issue was that on occasion the car would appear to be empty of fuel and the central locking and interior lights would stop working. I put new fuses and had a new fuel pump fitted at Easter but today the fault came back. After a few hours it started again but has again failed me. This time though it is stuck in park and the ESP light and brake warning light are showing when I turn on the ignition. There is plenty of life in the battery as it turns over but won't start as it thinks it has no fuel. The alarm was going off intermittently for the first few minutes and the tow light button is flashing.

Any ideas?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, this just is not easy, but most of the faults point towards the rear SAM, the fuel pump, locking, alarm and interior lights are all on the rear SAM, though it would appear that the speed signal is at fault its too hard to say. The car will need to go on STAR.

OP
D

Digger67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Coupe 2008
Thanks, I had it towed to the indie that repaired it at easter. Will speak to them in the morning and update. Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Has the car been jump started at all.

OP
D

Digger67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Coupe 2008
It had been previously but not on the last two occasions.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes do not like being jump started, this can damage the SAMs particularly if the cars battery is very low. This often happens on used car sites where they can stand for many weeks. Jumping the car with the keys in the ignition makes it worse.

OP
D

Digger67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Coupe 2008
Yes that has definitely been done. I will mention it to the garage this morning. Thanks very much. Mark

OP
D

Digger67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Coupe 2008
Car has started again this morning at the garage!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
STAR will tell us all what is going on.

OP
D

Digger67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Coupe 2008
So after 7 weeks and two garages I finally got sorted. Two problems in all. The main issue was the prefuse which was the cause of the intermitant fault. This apparently won't show up on any diagnostics. The rear SAM unit also needed cleaning and all the contacts made good. Now running like a dream.

If you're in the Chester area and need a good MB auto electrician then Andy at Autobarn on the Welsh Road is top notch. Does lots of spares as well and good value.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom