C200 acceleration problem

D

Darryl Elvy

Hello all, I wonder if any one can help.

I have a C200 Auto 2.0i Est on a 98 R Plate. I have owned the car for a few years now and the problem I have has come and gone over the years, but now seems to be getting worse.

When accelerating off of roundabouts or around sharp bends, and more recently up inclines the car looses momentum. The revs drop and car slows but does not stop. If I release the accelerator and put my foot back down still nothing, I have no noticeable kickdown from gearbox when wanting to overtake. Of late I have to slow right down or stop and let the car settle then pull away again. This happens when car is running cold or been run for a while. I have had a service and also changed the fuel filter to try and cure this (suspecting fuel starvation) also as problem has got worse this last few weeks I can smell fuel around back of car, more often after a journey (have checked for leaks but nothing visible).I now think it may be gearbox. If any one can give me some pointers would be very helpful. If you want more info then please let me know and I will do my best to give you what you require.

Many thanks Darryl

in the slow, high mpg merc lol

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This sounds like a failing MAF sensor, you could unplug it and see if the car goes better with out it,, some do and some do not,,,but it cost nothing to try it

initialbdriftracer

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
W220 s500. Year 2000 airmatic
maf

tried to unplug mine when my e240 was messing about..

it wouldnt even start..
get one from a vw. 1.8 petrol engine or bigger...

£80 ish new compared to £200 for a merc one , and its the same thing...

also my car needed 2 new exhaust sensors at a cost of £140 plus fitting...
these really helped too.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom