C200 Kompressor Issues

Ziggy122

Reaction score
We have a C200 Coupe Kompressor (03 plate)

First problem is the Dash is alerting to a SRS Failure (Air bag and Seatbelt Explosives?)
Is there any things we can try to see whats causing the fault?
We tried a Free Diagnostic On it (digimoto) but didnt find a fault with it

Is it a case of a fault code needing to be read?

Problem No2
The Passenger Door has recently started going Wild when you Press Lock/Unlock on the remote

Instead of just unlocking/relocking the door, the "motor" works for about 2 seconds longer then it should
In the mean time the Door Knob becomes a Piston really
Is there anything That we can do to cure this? as when u unlock the car it doesn't always open the door

Problem No3
The Light Sensor - on Cold Mornings this regulary pops up
Like this morning, it wasn't frosty outside but cold - and the error popped up

Problem No4
Possibly Linking No3, The ESP Light Flashs on the dash as well saying its Not active, after engine has been on for 2 mins, this one clears, again is this just a cold starting issue?

Any Help Would Be greatly Appreciated

Ziggy

Last edited:

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You need to find a good indie with a Star diagnosis machine to help you with these faults as most other diag machines wont read all ecu's fitted to the car.

Your door lock bouncing is likely to be a faulty lock actuator motor. The other faults will need diagnosis with star.

Where are you so we can recommend a good indie?

T

The mallard

Interesting, my C200 coupe on a 53 plate also triggers the light sensor warning on first start of the day and sometimes the srs which sorts itself out in 3-4 seconds. The light sensor malfunction can be cleared by switching off and restarting the car. I first noticed in in the colder weather but becomming more prevelant. I suspected low voltage and replaced the battery but still does it. I am having a star analysis soon so will report back

OP
Z

Ziggy122

Reaction score
North NottinghamShire - Near Junction j27,28 on the M1

There is a Company just a short Drive away Called Neil Harrods, There website say they have use a Merc Star Machine

Would they be ideal?

As for the Door Actuator - how easy is it to disassemble the car door inside to access it?

Ziggy

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom