C200 Single wiper problem

DazBob

New Registration
Reaction score
New to this. I hope that someone can help me.

Have a C200 (T Reg)

The windscreen wiper is not working but the motor is going. Had a problem for a while where wiper does not pull back (if that makes sense) so has been clattering into the side. Spoke to garage who suggested that i needed a complete replacement unit. :( But now not moving at all.

Novice!! :Oops:

Any help greatly appreciated.

Darren

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
had the sam problem on my 1st w202 c class. new wiper gearbox im afraid! when i got mine, about 5yrs ago, stealer quoted £400, euro car parts quoted £300!!! not cheap! no repair kit as far as im aware! im sure someone here will inform you if there is!

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
You have 2 faults Darren

Fault 1…“The windscreen wiper is not working but the motor is going”… either the nylon gear inside the motor have striped, if that is the case then you need a new motor, about £70? Or Nut 2 on the rear of the mechanism has become loose and needs re-tightening.

Fault 2… “wiper does not pull back (if that makes sense) so has been clattering into the side”… if the tip of the blade is hitting one or both sides of the windscreen trim then the coged wheel inside the hub mechanism is slipping on its shaft, this is possible to fix.

Before you do anything try lubricating the mechanism under the “turtel shell” cover first.

Dec

Last edited:

The_foxie

New Registration
Reaction score
C250 Wiper problem

hi

my problem is slightly similar. My wiper is moving but it then stops half way for a second then wipes the rest of the screen. It also does this in reverse on the way back. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
You should first lubricate the mechanism… see link above…do it as soon as possible and let us know if there is any improvement.
Does it always stop in the same place and does it park in the correct place?

Dec

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom