C204 C250 coupe water in footwell

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
Morning All

Firstly, I'm happy to say after a couple of months of ownership I've clicked with the car. Very happy with the overall driving experience (although I think the brakes could be sharper - I'll look into that).

Unfortunately, When I came out to the car to hoover it yesterday morning I noticed a little puddle in the footwell!! Tracing the leak, I noticed it was coming from a little grill shaped part of the underside of dash (where the bonnet release is). I unclipped the trim panel and followed it up with my hand but couldn't find a definite culprit.

I'm 99% sure its rainwater. It hasn't lost coolant and doesn't smell of anything. I poured a bottle down the drain on the left and the right of the scuttle panel (I believe there's only two drains?) and they both flushed straight through...

I dried the carpet as well as I could and let the trim off overnight with a microfiber underneath. It rained last night; the microfiber is bone dry.

I'm confused as to what to do... I don't know whether to chance it and see if it happens again before taking it in? It did make me think back to a couple of weeks ago when I snow foamed the car then jetted out the foam from this area. Could this have done it?

It could be something like this or it could be a grommet/windscreen seal/bonnet release....

Has anyone experienced similar? I obviously panicked massively after seeing a puddle in a merc!!!

Any input appreciated! TIA

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom