c204 drop link help please

k88ne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C204 - C180 - 2012
Hi guys

I am trying to replace my anti-roll bars, stabilizer, drop link (Depends what you like to call them)

problem is, the bottom bolts on each side is RUSTED and I can't for the death of me get them off.

Spent a good 4-5 hours wd40 - hammering spanner etc.

I know these spin, I have a torx40 but can't even get them the bolt to MOVE TO BEGIN WITH!

I have ordered a grinder online for tomorrow, hopefully, get it off this way but if anyone knows some good method in the meantime let me know!

(Image below to ensure we are all speaking about correct item.)
s-l1600.jpg

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Hi guys

I am trying to replace my anti-roll bars, stabilizer, drop link (Depends what you like to call them)

problem is, the bottom bolts on each side is RUSTED and I can't for the death of me get them off.

I know these spin, I have a torx40 but can't even get them the bolt to MOVE TO BEGIN WITH!

I have ordered a grinder online for tomorrow, hopefully, get it off this way but if anyone knows some good method in the meantime let me know!

s-l1600.jpg
Looks like the grinder with a 1mm cutting disc is the way to go as my patience wouldn't last 30 minutes.

gianton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C250 CDI 4Matic Avantgarde - 2013
Hi guys

s-l1600.jpg

Have you tried to warm them up with a blame?

OP
K

k88ne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C204 - C180 - 2012
UPDATE: Cut the thing off with a hacksaw - took a while but got there in the end.

They make it look easy on youtube lol

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom