C220 Auto wont rev over 3000 (intermitent)

92C220

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe AMG sport 2014
Evening Guys!

New Merc owner here! and first automatic car so bare with me :cool:

Had my 2013 C220 AMG Sport Coupe since March, on 3 occasions now I get in and start it as normal, and when putting my foot flat on the accelerator the car will not rev past 3000 rpm.

If I then park up turn the car on and off and try again its fine, Havent had a chance to speak to Merc about it just thought i'd come to the online experts first!

Wonder if anyone has had/solved this or if they can shed some light.

Could be that the car is still warming up as this is my first winter with it!?
Or the DPF clearing?

I have no idea, would really appreciate some help!

Thanks

patxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E350 Estate
Your car is going into Limp Home Mode which it will do when it detects a problem to protect the car.

If you continue to do a 'soft' reset with a switch off/on then before long you will get the orange dash light on. Again, this is to protect the car but it will be permanently in limp mode which will force you to take it to the dealer, which is exactly what you should do right now.

There is little point to speculate what has gone wrong at this stage as the car is under warranty and should be sorted quite easily.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom