C220, brake problem

garfield

Reaction score
Parked up my C220 three weeks ago, all was fine. Went to start up on Saturday and battery was flat. Used jumper pack to get it going, but now my brakes are really poor. Very long brake pedal travel and no confidence in stopping power. Could flat battery have caused this or has something gone wrong during layup? Any help would be appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum. Is the car a 203 please 0r 202

OP
G

garfield

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome Malcolm, it is a 203.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Funny that Malc, was just reading this post,

All i can think is master cylinder, we got one in at the mo with the same fault, that's been stood a year though, and jump started, fry-ed the front SAM,

The one we have has so much travel on the pedal its throwing the ESP light on, pressure sensor readings and so far out, would need to see the car for correct assessment, but M/C is my first thought!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OK master cylinder can go down when the car has not been used and seen that before, I was being a bit paranoid about the jump starting from the booster pack, even though there is no connection

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
The one we have had no comms on the ESP control unit, full wiring test from front SAM to ESP showed up ok, put a sam on it yesterday morning, all ok, until you put your foot on the pedal, which goes right to the floor to stop, then ESP comes up on dash, waiting for a new master now!!!

OP
G

garfield

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, will have the master cylinder changed,

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom