C220 CDI Avantgarde

Owen2206

Reaction score
I am completely new to Mercedes, and have been offered a 2006 C220 CDI Avantgarde (Auto) with 19,000 miles for £14,500.

I am in Northern Ireland, and am slightly tempted, bit would welcome opinions on the model and the value for money.

Thanks

Owen

Andrew23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E280 Elegance saloon
Hi Owen,

Can't say whether it's good value for money or not (have a quick look on Autotrader etc to compare prices).

I can say that, in my opinion, the C220 CDi Avantgarde is a lovely car (well I would say that, as I have one!). Mine is an 02 plate and had 112K miles on when I got it 18 months ago. Apart from a few service items it has been faultless. It is comfortable on long drives, very economical when not driven too fast (60 - 70 mph normal for me), pretty roomy (mine is a bit tight for rear leg room when the front seats are well back). In Avantegarde spec you should have lots of features included. Mine has rain-sensing wipers, auto lights, self-dimming mirrors, climate control (dual), partially electric-adjustable front seats etc. Not an altogether exhaustive list by MB standards (before anyone else comes in with "is that all?"). This is my first Mercedes, and I am sure it will be the first of many. Having wanted one for years, I do not regret getting my car and when I am ready to change I will be looking at MB again.

Best regards and good luck.

OP
O

Owen2206

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Would you recommend this car for @25k miles per annum?
Would I get 3/4 years without much bother?

Thanks again

Andrew23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E280 Elegance saloon

Thanks again

Hi Owen,

Yes, definitely. These cars are great "mile-munchers" provided they are serviced properly. I do around 18K a year in mine, and in the first three years of its' life it did about 90K (or 30 a year).

With only 19K on the clock it's barely run in!:D

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
Sounds great.

Most diesels clock up the miles quickly so it sounds great to find such a low mileage example.

The C-class had a revamp in September 2004 - from the outside very little changed looks wise, but the interior is miles better than earlier ones.

I'd say it sounds like a good buy at that price given the mileage - assuming the rest of the car is immaculate.

If you manage to squeeze that price a bit too then it will be an awesome buy.

Do you know if it has any extras on it over and above the Avantgarde spec?

:lol:

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks again

Definite yes to both. As Andrew said, it is barely run in, but it has done enough miles to get you past the initial phase (tight new engine) when fuel consumption is not great. At 19,000 miles and onwards you can expect good fuel economy and a reliable car.

At the annual mileage you do, the extra costs of diesel (car and fuel) are more than compensated for by the saving per mile.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
if you're doing 25k pa you should almost have it run in in 12 months!
As for the price...
in 1999 I bought a 3 year old C220 Elegance (petrol) with 19,000 miles on it for £19,000
Shows you what the inflation rate is in the car trade.
So from my POV, what a bargain!

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I am completely new to Mercedes, and have been offered a 2006 C220 CDI Avantgarde (Auto) with 19,000 miles for £14,500.

I am in Northern Ireland, and am slightly tempted, bit would welcome opinions on the model and the value for money.

Thanks

Owen

Bite their hand off. Buy it. A late facelifted 203 is a good car, the engine will haul it along nicely and the fuel consumption is low.

P

PanzerMcGrory

I really like the look of the new c-class which i assume it is but i will go against the grain and tell you to put your 14.5k on an E-Class which is a real merc built by Germans who know what they are doing.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Nah this is a 203. The older one. The new c class is a 204. Agree however that if a 211 can be bought for 14.5k thats in good condiiton that this is a far better purchase.

P

PanzerMcGrory

Nah this is a 203. The older one. The new c class is a 204. Agree however that if a 211 can be bought for 14.5k thats in good condiiton that this is a far better purchase.

What for 14.5k for the older model? a bit more and you can buy the south african factory its built in.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom