C220 CDI Coupe Turn signal right mirror

nightmoth

Reaction score
I am getting an error “Turn signal right mirror” on my 2006 C220 CDI coupe and also rapid clicking when I use the signal on that side but when I checked the indicators on the outside they all flash at normal speed. I have check all the bulbs including the leds in the right mirror and they are all functioning correctly. I have checked, cleaned and sprayed the connections in the mirror leds but it’s still got the error. Could it be that the problem no longer exists and the error needs to be reset? I would appreciate any advice from the experts out there. Also could this be an MOT failure.:confused:
Thanks in advance

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Last time I see this fault it was the door control module, needs proper testing, control modules are not cheap........

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I had the same problem on the 203. Rapid clicking and message. Indicators flashed normal speed. The led in the offside mirror were intermittent, in that after folding and unfolding the mirror it would sometimes work sometimes not but the error came up.

It was a broken wire in the mirror, making and breaking. Bit of solder and heat shrink all ok again.

OP
N

nightmoth

Reaction score
Thanks for for all the advice from everyone who replied.
I decided to have another attempt to solve the problem today and I disconnected all the wiring again including the 4 pin plug, cleaned connections and sprayed with electrical contact cleaner and problem solved error message gone and everything back to normal. Thanks again.

Top Bottom