C220 CDI Sports, which sprint booster

Clare

Reaction score
C220 CDI Sports AMG

Has anyone fitted a Sprint Booster to aid acceleration to their Mercedes?.
My car is only a year old, and has been rechecked by Mercedes, they say it is all set correctly, but still on take off it occassionally will not go, it hesitates for half a second (seems like 1 - 2 minutes) before it launches itself.
Have decided to fit a Sprint Booster new specification, has anyone tried it out?, has anyone else experienced this significant delay in getting going?.
Would appreciate all comments, please don't tell me thats what all Diesels are like, I have up till now always had a Mercedes petrol and am begining to regret the change over, although the fuel economy is better.

Last edited:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Yes and many like them. It changes the throttle mapping so a 10% depression of the pedal may well give a 30% fueling. By 70% of the travel of the pedal you'll have 100% power.

OP
C

Clare

Reaction score
Sprint Booster

Can you recommend a model number?
Thanks

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Alas not Clare, I should have said I drove a Sprint booster'd car but not fitted one. Its a popular mod. A lot have done it on the other forum, mbclub.co.uk and if you search the threads there I am sure you'll find what you need.

Good luck.

Steve

OP
C

Clare

Reaction score
Sorry to go on about this, but after hours of Internet searching I find differing products being offered to me.
A W204 or a BDD 451A and finally a SBDD 452A, the last appears to be a new era/specification of sprint boosters, with switches to change the power settings, but its £200 or close to it, so I don't want to make a mistake.
So is there an independant person out there, who can/will advse me?, which is the one I should select, for a 2009 C220 CDI Sports AMG Diesel Automatic Saloon, can you help me to select the right one?.
Thanks in advance for your help.

OP
C

Clare

Reaction score
or just push your foot down further - its free :)
You can push your foot down to the floor, the car will hesitate and the rush, but the delay is quite dangerous and puts you in a vunerable position and I have been driving cars longer than most, this is my fifth Mercedes, all others were petrol.

Voltan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E220 CDi, W220 S320 CDi
Fitted the earlier model (1 fixed stage) Sprint Booster in our E220CDI since last one year. It really works as advertised. It makes town driving that much easier and overtaking safer. The new model has three selectable stages.

OP
C

Clare

Reaction score
Problems with a new Sprint Booster BSDD 452A

Recived this booster last week, installed it on Wednesday last, kit has a switch with three settings.
White as normal.Green mid boost increase, Red maximum boost.
After installation 15 minutes, tried the car out in the Green switch mode. This eliminated the lag, with greater acceleration, tried this for 3 days to get used to the booster.
On Friday last, switched to the Red mode.
After a few minutes all hell broke lose. The messages started to flash, the power went off then on again. Took it to my local Mercedes garage who tested it electronically, it told them there we a short in the circuit between the acceleratot pedal and the ECU. They told me "Take it off before a sensor or something gets damaged".
So today tried it out again in the Green mode, this time the "Engine Diagnostic Warning Yellow Light came on", so the booster is removed and am waiting to hear from the Manufacturer.
Anyone else share this experience???

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Have seen these fitted by the garage who i do work for sometimes and have never seen a problem with them.

I will try and find out if this is the right one for your car.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Your only getting hesitation, because the car is in a different gear to what you need when you take off, ....... it needs time to change down ............. try knockingn the car down through the gears, upto a junction .............. this will mean you've manually put it into 1st, ready for take off ............... hesitation solved !!!!

OP
C

Clare

Reaction score
Sprint booster problems

Thanks for your email, have opened the web site and sent them a more detailed explanation. But the booster is removed and hope to find out by tomorrow what to do next.

OP
C

Clare

Reaction score
Your only getting hesitation, because the car is in a different gear to what you need when you take off, ....... it needs time to change down ............. try knockingn the car down through the gears, upto a junction .............. this will mean you've manually put it into 1st, ready for take off ............... hesitation solved !!!!
Have changed down gears, the car has gear changes on the steering wheel, so it is easy to do. But a Mercedes Technician explained to me that the latest Diesel Engines, when in idle mode, at lights or on a rounabout, basically swich off to reduce CO2 emmissions. Then when to depress the accelerator pedal, it has to power it all up, connect the gearbox, then go, this taking between 1 - 2 seconds and there is nothing you can do about it?, is this really true, that Mercedes would engineer a car this way?, COMMENTS PLEASE.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom