C220 DCI 6 Speed Manual GearBox Question

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
For the few manual boxes that MB sell I would have thought that buying in from ZF would have made all the difference. Their boxes are fautless

and they would have made a great car even better! although there do seem to be lots more manual MB's around nowadays, so you would have thought they would have at least developed them further now.

i must admit though that the 6 speed is a big improvement on the old 5 speed, but still a long way behind ford and honda shift quality, and the ZF boxes seem bomb proof in the BMW's

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The first ZF box I ever used was in a Alvis TF21 about 1964 and another in a 1995 Alfa 2600 beritone sprint, they were so nice even back then

walsi

Reaction score
Website
www.ncmcc.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Vito 120 V6 CDI 2007 chipped and lowered :)
I had a nissan 280zx turbo that was fitted with the zf box, it was an option but not a lot were fitted with it

Mikke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200cdi/2004/122hp
and they would have made a great car even better! although there do seem to be lots more manual MB's around nowadays, so you would have thought they would have at least developed them further now.

i must admit though that the 6 speed is a big improvement on the old 5 speed, but still a long way behind ford and honda shift quality, and the ZF boxes seem bomb proof in the BMW's

Well the next Merc will be an automatic most likely. Not that they dont have any issues, lazy and relaxed driving just sounds great! Has to be at least 220 or 250 though if i choose the automatic.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom