C220 W204 (2010) rear door panel removal

Dappadan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 2010, C220 Sports W204 2.2cc, Black
Hi does anybody know how to remove a 2010 W204 rear door panel?

All of the videos I have seen show a different panel to mine. :mad:

I am not able to open my door from the inside and the outside. I am hoping that it is not a main part that needs replacing. I hope that someone will be able to help me out

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, I am going to send you an Email, please just respond to it.

OP
D

Dappadan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 2010, C220 Sports W204 2.2cc, Black
Hi mate I have not received the email

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You must Email me to the address I sent you, look in your junk box

Last edited:

alphonse

Reaction score
Similar info required please

You must Email me to the address I sent you, look in your junk box

Hello i have a c180 blueefficiency (2010) and the NSR door won't open inside or out, THe quote i've had to fix it seems astronomical, do you have info that could help me remove the card please?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome, yes just PM me your email address and I will send it.

alphonse

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the quick reply, tried to pm you but got reply saying you need to clear some storage before you can get further messages.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and thanks for the quick reply, tried to pm you but got reply saying you need to clear some storage before you can get further messages.

I have sent it. :D

phils

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E220d AMG-line premium estate (S213)
Hi Dappadan

If you need an incentive for sorting it out yourself, earlier this year (and before I decided to trade in my 2010 S204 for an S205), the NSR door lock failed (quite common, it seems?). Luckily, it failed in the unlocked position, so I was able to disable the child safety lock and booked it into the nearest MB dealer.

I had a Warranty Wise policy, which paid up for the repair, which was an eye-watering £589!! The only cost to me was for the rivets on the inner panel (?) which were classed as consumables - but at £9 I could live with that. As it was a WW claim, I never got to find out exactly what was changed, other than a "door lock mechanism".

Good luck.
Phil

Clem dog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 cdi
Can anyone shed some light on this as my rear passenger door has done the same. Won't open but is still locked with the lock stub up and the interior handle pulled in.

Clem dog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 cdi
Hi, I would be grateful for some information about this as my passenger side rear door is stuck shut too. I can't get the door open to get the door card off. The interior handle is pulled in but the lock stub is up as if the door is unlocked.
Thanks

Clem dog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 cdi
Can the door panel be removed when the door is shut without doing a lot of damage to the panel? Want to try and have a go my self but don't want to wreck anything!

Hrah

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2005
Ok ppl i remove my door panel today nothing scary but BE careful for the models that you should not open the hand of the door to undo the screws. I did try and broke my handler .... later on i found small plastick cap under the handler, when you remove it you will see the remaining screw so if anybody need any help or suggestion you are more then welcome to ask me . Btw my car is 2004 c180 kompressor coupe version

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
My post 'Three locks on my wagon' under the Electrics section gives a few details of door card and autolock removal.
I also have photos taken while I did the job which I can upload if they will help anyone.

Umble

Last edited:

alphonse

Reaction score
Hello and Thanks again to Television for the info he sent earlier in the year, the door was unopenable from inside or out (for about 4 months), garage said £700 to fix (new card and lock plus labour). So I left it a while and was going to use Television's info to start fixing, as I sat waiting for my wife yesterday whilst she was shopping I nonchalantly tried to open from the inside and it opened, tried it from outside and it opened and has continued to do so, it's a miracle:D

phils

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E220d AMG-line premium estate (S213)
Quick

Fix it whilst you can still get access!! :lol:

Phil

Clem dog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 cdi
Hello and Thanks again to Television for the info he sent earlier in the year, the door was unopenable from inside or out (for about 4 months), garage said £700 to fix (new card and lock plus labour). So I left it a while and was going to use Television's info to start fixing, as I sat waiting for my wife yesterday whilst she was shopping I nonchalantly tried to open from the inside and it opened, tried it from outside and it opened and has continued to do so, it's a miracle:D

I had the same problem and took mine to an independent garage this week. I was quite surprised that it only cost £280. I would appreciate if you could share the information that television kindly gave you as I would like to tackle this myself should the other side (inevitably) fail.
Thanks you.

Ikky

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 cdi 2009 2.0
Hi does anybody know how to remove a 2010 W204 rear door panel?

All of the videos I have seen show a different panel to mine. :mad:

I am not able to open my door from the inside and the outside. I am hoping that it is not a main part that needs replacing. I hope that someone will be able to help me out

Hi there could you possibly share the link on. How to get the passenger rear door card off with it locked . Mercedes C200 cdi 2009.
Many thanks.

nathanrobo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI S211 Avantgarde sports
I know my reply is a little late, but for others needing to remove a door card with the door locked, this is how I did it:

• took door card screws out, so that the card was only fixed by the pop fit plastic rivets
  • wound window down and forced the very top of the door card, (section that is in black rubber) up and out.
  • opened front door to gain access to the hinges and removed the torx screws (you need an assistant now to help hold the door up and manoeuvre it allowing you to pop the door card off
It's a bit of a fight, but if you're careful, you shouldn't damage the card.

Hope that helps!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom