C230K. Seems its over for this MB!

DavePrentice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K 2002
Recently my C230K (52) plate started acting up. Local 'indie' has quoted for a new ECU and cleaning of wiring harness around £1500 plus labour! Have to confess the C230 has been the biggest lump of 'junk' ever although I do appreciate it is built under licence. Not a patch on my old Merc, so guess its goodbye to the Marque which I have loved for years.

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
You can repair the ECU on these, much cheaper than the £1500 quoted I'll have to try and find the thread.

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
I have nothing to 230 or 230k engines,never driven,never owned but being here and there on forums i can see that these engines are most problematic. I don't know why but it's true.
When you say mercedes you would expect the best but isn't.

One man said to me long time ago that real mercedes or bmw start with 6 cylinders and more. Do apologize if i upset someone saying that

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
One man said to me long time ago that real mercedes or bmw start with 6 cylinders and more. Do apologize if i upset someone saying that

that was true a long time ago when fuel was cheap. now though, it isnt the case! yes, the bigger engines are better, but smaller ones have improved lots!

id LOVE an E63 but i couldnt afford the TYRES never mind the car/insurance/fuel etc

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
There a lot of these engines that have done 200k+ mine has 180k on it without any major work and still starts on the button and is very quiet too, though it does have slight oil leak from the front, might require a head gasket, but not bad for a 4 cylinder motor with 180k miles on it. I have had 6 cylinder BMWs and they were known for blowing head gaskets at a lower mileages than this, as I found out.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom