C250 Coupe 2013 Towbar issues.....

5tavros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 Coupe AMG Sport Plus
Firstly I'd like to say hello to you all and thank you for taking the time to read/reply to my question.

I'm looking to buy a C250 Sport Coupe on a 13 plate, I can find towbars for this car on most of the manufacture websites, Westfalia, Witter etc, the problem is that every fitting company I've called wont fit a towbar to a Sport model Mercedes because of the AMG body styling.

Can anybody tell me why this is or put me in touch with someone that will fit the towbar.

(I've not bought the car OR the towbar yet, I'm looking to purchase in September, this is a fact finding mission)

Thank you
Stuart

example
http://westfalia-automotive.co.uk/mercedes-benz_towbars_and_wiring_kits/mercedes-c-class-coupe-/

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
With AMG body kits the rear bumper is in most cases deeper than the standard version, Some firms will adapt by using spacers, but a difficult legal thing should something go wrong. I am sure there is a fairly recent thread on here where a member got one fitted

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The link shows all those towbars as suitable for AMG bumpers. Perhaps the fitting companies are mistaking your car as being an AMG not just a standard car with AMG body kit? IIRC AMG cars are not type approved for towing?

OP

5tavros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 Coupe AMG Sport Plus
Hi thanks for the replies.

You could be right with there maybe some confusion with AMG body styling against the AMG classed car, AMG cars are not approved for towing but I did explain this to one company who made it very clear to me they would consider AMG styling as an AMG vehicle and therefor not compatible.

I'm still confused by the fact there are clearly plenty of suppliers, just no fitters...

Stu

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The instructions for fitting could be supplied

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom