c250 d auto

kirkbylads

Reaction score
hi there newby here.
i have just bought a 1994 c250.d auto.today for £100.
when i started the engine the morning at the pre-owners home,the car started right away.when its idoling the engine shakes side 2 side.
i knew the pre-owner as we where taxi drivers.this car has been a taxi hence the 250.000 miles.he had been told it could be the elec-accelartor and he bought one £80 and fitted it but never sorted the shaking out.i took it to my brothers garage to do mot work on it and within 30.mins of driving ,it cut out 4 times when stopping at lights.when in the garage i lifted the bonnet ,and on the right hand side where the filter is housed ,one pipe that goes down under the filter seems to be leaking fuel,could this be the problem,also as you look at the engine ,at the back across the back there is a plastic pipe on the left hane side with what looks like a mini filter on the end of it and not attached to anything,and on the right hand side of the engine there is another plastic pipe that bends left to the back of the engine not attached to anything either .
can anyone help me out.

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
hi and welcome to the forums!

yes. replace any filters and sort any fuel leaks out and thid engine should be sweet despite its mileage! cant comment on the pipes hanging loose without seeing them though

OP
K

kirkbylads

Reaction score
hi and welcome to the forums!

yes. replace any filters and sort any fuel leaks out and thid engine should be sweet despite its mileage! cant comment on the pipes hanging loose without seeing them though

i have replaced one of the fuel pipes coming from the filter that had a leak today.started the car up and its still bouncing ,and when you rev it up,it cuts out,i spoke to the previous owner and he said he had it put on the computer and it found that the elec throttle was showing error codes,so he bought one cost him £80.and it was still bouncing around,he also said it had to be plugged back into the computerso the error codes can be wiped of.i spoke to a auto electrition today and he said it did,nt need it ,just disconnect the battery for 20mins and thatwill do.we tried that but still the same.
can anyone add any other idea,s.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
All of the injectors need checking for the spray pattern etc to start with

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
All of the injectors need checking for the spray pattern etc to start with

Yes, the OP should fix the obvious fuel leaks first.

Then, with the engine ticking over, slacken each injector pipe in turn. If one injector makes no difference, that cylinder isn't firing properly.

If the OP does find one cylinder not firing, I would temporarily swap its injector with a neighbouring cylinder to see if the missfire moves with the injector, or is cylinder specific. Be sure to renew the injector seals every time the injector is re-installed - it's easy to ruin a good injector very quickly.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom