C250 Re-Map Issue - Help needed

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I don't think it's them for some reason....

Me neither, though whoever it is needs to sort it out pretty quickly. Good reputations are hard to come by and very quick to lose.

Customer service should be paramount with this problem. I'm a bit puzzled why the car went back to Mercedes and not the people who did the tune on it, though I guess there are reasons.

Any news/updates OP?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
+1 on that, I've even known Acid replace ECU's FOC for customers that have had real problems that they just haven't been able to fix although there has been very very few of them out of the hundreds (possibly thousands)they have tuned

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
My remap was done by GAD North. In fairness to Nass he couldn't have been more helpful and happily issued me a refund. He even drove to my house from Newcastle to put the car back to stock as it kept going into limp mode. So customer service wise Nass at GAD North was spot on.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Can the 250 engine not be mapped full stop then ?
I don't understand why not ?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can the 250 engine not be mapped full stop then ?
I don't understand why not ?

it can be mapped but the failure is usually in the torque limiters on the gearbox that are missed, meaning when you apply full throttle for a period of time the values are exceeded for too long and the car going into limp to protect it's self.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
it can be mapped but the failure is usually in the torque limiters on the gearbox that are missed, meaning when you apply full throttle for a period of time the values are exceeded for too long and the car going into limp to protect it's self.

Thanks Matty, that makes sense .

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive

Yup. That is normally the main stumbling block. But for some reason on my car (and a couple of others I've read about) there seems to be an issue with the requested rail pressure being too high. Hence the fault being that the rail / system pressure is too low as it can't meet the request. So the car goes into limp.

I dont know if it's due to a certain make injector, rail sensor or fuel pump. But I'm not wasting money chasing the error to find out.

I'll stick to the car being stock (as I only drive it about 10% of the time anyway. The wife being the main driver with us having a 1 & 4 yr old)

I must admit I have been surprised at the lack of tuning options for Mercedes in comparison to other German marques. It seems that it's only the AMG's that are properly catered for.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yup. That is normally the main stumbling block. But for some reason on my car (and a couple of others I've read about) there seems to be an issue with the requested rail pressure being too high. Hence the fault being that the rail / system pressure is too low as it can't meet the request. So the car goes into limp.

I dont know if it's due to a certain make injector, rail sensor or fuel pump. But I'm not wasting money chasing the error to find out.

I'll stick to the car being stock (as I only drive it about 10% of the time anyway. The wife being the main driver with us having a 1 & 4 yr old)

I must admit I have been surprised at the lack of tuning options for Mercedes in comparison to other German marques. It seems that it's only the AMG's that are properly catered for.

That's interesting Carl, I'd heard of the issue but haven't actually seen the problem in the flesh so to speak, I'd say if it's anything it will be the injectors and hp pump but that's more of an educated guess and may be totally wrong.

Interesting you say there's lack of tuning for MB I'd actually say there just as tunable but just not as many people do it due to them being good cars anyway.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The problem is weird as it's only during part throttle around 2.5-3k rpm. It accelerates for a couple of seconds and then goes into limp mode. I demonstrated it to Nass and even he said it was weird.

joncoyle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250 CDI Coupe
I don't think it's them for some reason....

I wasn't trying to imply it was them.
What I meant was, if the 250 engine / gearbox is so problematic I might not bother getting a remap at all.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive

What I meant was, if the 250 engine / gearbox is so problematic I might not bother getting a remap at all.

Just ensure whoever you use will give you a refund and fix any problems should it cause issues.

I was tempted to use MSL but having tried 3 boxes and one map as well as paying for diagnostic testing I just gave up.

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Having used MSL, I would have no fear that you would be fully compensated and issues resolved if things did not go to plan...if it was me and I had reservations pre-map I would call Acid and voice my concerns to understand the risks and probable outcomes...he will be more than willing to discuss.

Last edited:

Marshy88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250
Hi all I had my C250 SPORT CDI BLUE/Ef AMG (manual) remapped the other day and all seems fine at the moment. But having reading all these posts I was wondering if I should expect the same issues others are experiencing? Does it have the same effect on manual gearboxes as it does the autos?? Iv only had the car a month and didn't really look into it before I had it done.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Hi all I had my C250 SPORT CDI BLUE/Ef AMG (manual) remapped the other day and all seems fine at the moment. But having reading all these posts I was wondering if I should expect the same issues others are experiencing? Does it have the same effect on manual gearboxes as it does the autos?? Iv only had the car a month and didn't really look into it before I had it done.

torque limits mentioned are usually auto gearbox related. as long as the map doesn't exceed safe engine limits, you should be fine. its a benefit of the not-so-popular (here at least) manual gearbox. fewer electronics to worry about! personally id LOVE a manual remapped C250 CDi Sport!!!!

Jamieheron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 sport plus 62reg
I had mine mapped last week and on my drive home it went into limp , I took it back to where I got it done and he plugged it in and said it was the fuel rail sensor, he also said it was very close to the limit .
Looked in my service book and turns out my fuel filter has not been changed since new,(35k now).
MB recommend every 20k which is what it says in the service book but when I rang MB they say it's 4years/50k!
It's due a service now and hopefully changing the fuel filter the issue will be sorted.
Touch wood it hasn't happened since that day.

Jamieheron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 sport plus 62reg
The performance centre mate in Sunderland, they have been really good so far to be fair they just said give them a shout when I've had my service done and see what it's like

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Looked in my service book and turns out my fuel filter has not been changed since new,(35k now).

I wouldn't let a Diesel fuel filter go that long, it is filthy fuel!!!!!

Lit.91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
The performance centre mate in Sunderland, they have been really good so far to be fair they just said give them a shout when I've had my service done and see what it's like

I don't think that a service or the fuel filter will sort the issue, but you never know...

I'm pretty sure manufacturers like VAG recommend the fuel filter change at 60K, the major service interval. Don't see it being too bad after 35k, although it will never harm to have it changed at earlier intervals.

Top Bottom