C250TD jerking at 85mph - fuel, MAF, or gearbox?

jbond1978

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi, classic, 2005 (W211.006)
C250TD jerking at 80mph - fuel, MAF, or gearbox?

Hello

Today at the highway I experienced a new jerking sensation at 80mph in my 1997 300k(+) C250TD. I could make it happen pretty consistently by driving at 80mph - nothing above that, and only little if anything below.

I immediately thought 'fuel injection problem' as I have had some traumatic experience with this jerking before in a peugeot 206Hdi - at lower speeds though.

But then I came to town and it idled very nicely, and it also starts as if new... so what is your take on this? MAF? Could it be the gearbox? At what speed would a car like mine normally change into 5th? (yes - i'm aware it's not about speed, but just approximately?) did around 2800revs at 80mph today.

Best regards, Jens

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not the MAF,,I would have said fuel starvation through a blocked filter

simon_wall69

Reaction score
Had a very similar problem on my e300, which is basically the same engine: cleaning the resonance flaps in the manifold and the egr out worked a treat. Used to happen at exactly the same rpm in top on mine and then drove fine above or below that.

Parrot of Doom has a how to for his six cylinder turbodiesel but I would assume it's the same for yours.

OP
J

jbond1978

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi, classic, 2005 (W211.006)
Thanks!

Simon, I'll consider doing this - from the tutorial by Parrot of Doom (http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22369) it seems this would be good for my almost new car anyway! ...expecting no less than wonders from this clean-out.

Malcolm, are you possibly the best MB-expert in the world?! :) I'll get my car repair guy to do this the next time I'm there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom