C270 cdi will not start!

mymelt8

Reaction score
Website
www.adamtolner.com
Your Mercedes
CLK320 cdi 2006 / C220 cdi 2005
Hello all. I have a problem with my '02 C270 cdi in that it has been more and more reluctant to start lately and thanks to all the posts on the forum I have booked it in to have the injectors checked tomorrow. But now it won't start at all. Does anyone have tricks I might be able to use to get it going just once more to get it to the garage? It runs well once it's started and I'm trying to avoid a tow to the garage. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Adam.

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Injector leaking back, or air in fuel lines.

Keep cranking...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would charge the battery over night so that the starter will spin at max speed to try and build up pressure

djb

Reaction score
seen DAF tech use this on 4 cyl commorn rail, spray wd40 in the induction tract while spinning over, for the butane , not the lub. this was to get an engine started with a duff injector that was dropping the rail pressure.

D3AN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180 Esprit
Yes have used release spray on a few cdi sprinters when they've had a faulty injector to get them mobile, and as Malcolm has already said give your battery a charge if possible.

Benz 4 Life

Reaction score
do you access to a DTC handheld tester? if so what are the codes picked in the Cdi control unit?could be the the pressure regulating valve is worn so it is not doing its job properly as long as there is insufficient pressure the car will not start

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom