Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.gcltuning.co.uk
merc.jpg

C270 CDI on the Dyno

ECO Power mix

37 BHP and 81NM of torque

after on only 2 runs on the dyno this power will increase due to fuel pressure a fine exsample.

Last edited:

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Cost Benefit Of Remap?

Just done an admittedly coarse calculation of the "benefit" of an economy remap for my W(S)203 C270 - which has (for us) acceptable performance already.
One review on your website showed a C270 getting 45mpg against 41mpg before (which interestingly enough is what my #2 trip meter shows over the last 3k miles). Based on £1/litre or £4.40/gallon the fuel cost reduces by just under 1p/mile, the minimum remap cost for a turbodiesel on your website is £260 (range given is £260-550) so break even is 27k miles after remap - about 4 or 5 years motoring for us, by which time I will probably have swapped the car for another.
Am I missing the point here?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom